My Blog List

Friday, September 25, 2009

Little Erin made it safely to Alabama. She did have a problem with her transfer ticket. Luckily she noticed that the ticket the lady gave her was for someone named Sarah who was not going to Alabama. So much for Dad's trick!! Luckily Erin is a pretty confidant kid and was able to take care of it. I haven't heard from her much which I guess is a good sign. She called last night and talked to me for a minute and two seconds. I think I got 32 seconds of her time this morning. I feel like a teenage girl sitting by the phone all day waiting for that special boy to call. I keep looking at my phone just to make sure it is working properly. Maybe Erin doesn't need her mother as much as her mother needs her. I still give her trouble about when she went in for surgery this May, Dave and I both said, "I love you Erin." She was already doped up and she mumbled, "I love you dad." WHAT???? Aren't I the one who went through hours of labor and sat up with you at night when you were sick??? WHATEVER!!! She's lucky I still like her dad, if we were divorced I might be a little jealous, OK, maybe a little MORE jealous.

Ryan seems to be singing a happy tune since little Sybil left the state. I noticed this morning he had a little more pep in his step. I'm sure one of his other sisters will step up to the plate and continue the torture and abuse now that the head bully has left the building. Shannon's friends are all starting to get their drivers licenses, Shannon turns 16 in November. She has only driven twice and the last time she drove(which was 9 months ago) she quit in the middle of a parking lot. She said that dad doesn't give her enough time to process direction before he yells at her. I'm not sure how much time was actually needed to process the word STOP but apparently she was a little slow on following his command. They both say they are never riding in a car with each other ever again and Shannon says that she and I quote "hates dad." I am thinking of putting an ad in the paper for a driving instructor position. Wanted: Driver instructor who possesses the ability to give direction with ample time for a stubborn red head to process the information before she can either, turn accelerate, use turn signals or stop. Would prefer someone who can change the radio station 53 times per minute and not yell at her when she drives erratic. I would be willing to pay top dollar for this position. When Erin leaves for college she loses her ride to school. She is looking at a 27 mile bike ride on the highway, her book bag may get a tad heavy.

No comments: