My Blog List

Friday, September 18, 2009


I turn 40 tomorrow, why, why, why. So much for losing 40 lbs by 40. I came close, I lost 38 lbs. I could either go buy a box of EX lax and reach my goal, or spare myself the time in the bathroom and say 38 lbs is close enough. With the kids back in school, soccer season is in full swing. I haven't had time to breathe, much less cheat on my diet. Tonight is the homecoming dance for Erin and Shannon. They had spirit week all week. One of the days was raid your mothers closet day. What a fun idea. I don't hold on to things so my closet doesn't have too many out of style items. Erin and Shannon both wore Rick Springfield concert T shirts to school. It almost brought a tear to my eye. Last weekend Rick Springfield was in town. Of course I had front row seats. I spent the week prior, tanning and shopping for that perfect outfit and new push up bra. Some kids never grow up. I have added a picture above of my favorrite 60 year old. Dave asked me before the concert if his outfit looked OK. I laughed and said, "do you really think I will be looking at you? I could care less what you wear."


Kelsey is leaving to go out of town today at 3:30, she is in a midwest regional league for soccer and they travel all over. She is an orphan on most of her soccer trips, we aren't going. I think I will stay home and relax. If not, I might rush home from work at 3:00, clean the house real quick. Pick all the poop off the deck because the dog is too lazy to walk down steps. Do Erin and Shannon's hair and make up for the dance, and put on a happy face when the 30 kids and their parents get to my house for homecoming pictures. I then may drive a group of kids to the restaurant and then rush to Ryan's soccer game. Then I will pick up the kids from the dance at 11:00 because my kid that can drive can't possibly drive a group of sophmores home, she is a senior after all.Tomorrow starts with 4 soccer games before 10, a powder puff football game and a barbeque for a friend. It looks to me I don't have time to turn 40, I guess I will just stay 39.

1 comment:

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow said...

Just stumbled upon your blog...Congratulations on the weight loss, and on getting to see Rick last week! He is also MY favorite 60 year-old. :-)