My Blog List

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I am working full time now while a co-worker is out on maternity leave. That means Dave is in charge of getting the kids ready for school and driving carpool. That just makes me laugh, I'm not sure Dave knows how to get anyone ready for school. His normal morning routine consists of taking a shower, shaving and putting gel in his ever receding hair. This should be interesting, I have a feeling he will be delegating everything to Kelsey which in turn will just cause her to torture Ryan when her father is not around because he is completely helpless. He can never find his school shorts, his shoes, his homework or his backpack. Of course his father can never find his wallet, his cell phone or his car keys. The good news is I will be long gone in the morning while the scavenger hunts are going on. Good times, good times!!!

Dave is installing our new hot water heater. It was supposed to be a quick installation, I believe we are on the fifth hour of installation. I wonder how much a plumber costs on a Sunday night??? Our hot water heater has been leaking for over a year, we have tried to put off buying a new one for as long as we could. It got to the point to where the pilot light went out several times a day. Last weekend Dave was out of town, I spent half the weekend laying on the basement floor in a pool of water trying to light the pilot light. The nice part was while I was bent over trying to light it, my hair rested in the water and the other side of my head caught all the drips. I know everyone is jealous of the glamorous life that I lead. Not everyone can be as lucky as me. I feel like such a princess!!!

No comments: