My Blog List

Monday, April 13, 2009

Dave is still in charge of the grocery shopping because I am still on my diet. He was off work all day Friday and spent the whole day watching the soccer channel. I'm surprised he didn't get bed sores. I sent him to the grocery store when I got home from work. I was making breakfast this year for Easter so we needed simple things, eggs, milk, bacon, pancake mix, cheese, ham, green pepper ,sausage, bread etc etc. I figured he could handle the task. I was going to work out on the Wii and I gave him strict instructions not to call me with fifty questions while he was at the grocery store. He did call me twice asking where certain items could be found in the store and what brand should he buy? The second time he called, I gently (OK not so gently) reminded him to leave me alone. I had a million things to do, I still hadn't colored eggs with the kids. I hard boiled them on Friday so they were ready to go.

I got up early Saturday and we colored eggs first thing. Erin was in a tournament so we headed to her game shortly after I cleaned up the egg mess. Dave was the Godfather for a close friend of ours who was becoming Catholic at the Easter Vigil so we headed to their house after Erin's game. They live about an hour away from our house. We didn't get home until close to midnight. We still had to do the whole Easter Bunny thing when we got home. Maggie woke us up bright and early at 7:00 so she could try and find her Easter basket. She gave up candy for lent so she didn't want to waste any time. The kids went to 10:00 mass with grandma. Dave and I went the night before so I stayed home to get breakfast ready for the little vultures. I cooked three pounds of bacon, french toast, Belgian waffles, sausage and pancakes. I hadn't even gotten to the omelets before they started putting in orders for their third and fourth helpings of french toast. Of course I got to enjoy my scrumptious soy shake as all my skinny family members enjoyed my hot breakfast. Dave's sister arrived with her family in time for round two of my pancakes and waffles. When she got there she snitched on her baby brother. She said, "I have to tell you, Dave called me from the grocery store on Friday, he said you told him he couldn't call you anymore to ask questions but you didn't specifically say he couldn't call anyone." How does that man function?? He runs three water districts with over 40,000 customers and he can't handle the grocery store???

Erin got a flat tire on Saturday night and left her car at Wal Mart. Dave finally got around to changing it today. He was too tired on Sunday after eating a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon to move. He went home at lunch today to have Erin go with him so she could drive the car back. When Dave got home Erin was screaming at Kelsey because she lent Kelsey her indoor soccer shoes that she needed for practice and she couldn't find them. Kelsey insisted that she returned them but Erin wouldn't hear of it. When they got to Wal Mart, my genius daughter realized she didn't bring her keys so they had to go back home. By this time Erin had to leave for soccer practice so Lauren had to go help Dave instead. That went over well. Dave changed the tire and found Erin's missing shoes in the trunk of her car. I think she owes little Miss Kelsey a bit of an apology. She called me today to tell me that she officially had a prom date. I said "How did you ask him? Please tell me you didn't send him a text message." Of course she said, "I sent him a text." Great, his little brother was probably playing with his phone. You might be going with a second grader. Texting, what a racket.

No comments: