My Blog List

Friday, April 10, 2009

Yesterday I had my very first conference call at work. I might have actually felt important if my cell phone as well as my other line on my desk phone weren’t ringing consistently through my whole conference call. Erin, Dave and Lauren all called during the call. In Dave’s defense he only called once, he had enough sense to realize I was unavailable. I was afraid to put the conference call on hold to answer my other line, if my phone played music when I put someone on hold, everyone would know.

When my call was over I called Lauren to see what could possibly be so earth shattering. She said “Mom, you need to ground Shannon, she is being so mean.” I love it when I get parenting advice from my kids, how did I ever survive without them?? Shannon has had a bad couple of days; Kelsey used her own money and bought the shoes that Shannon wanted. Granted Shannon doesn’t have a job and her birthday is not until November so her cash flow is at an abrupt halt. She still feels her little sister should have shown proper pecking order with the shoes and bought something else. My five youngest kids had a dental appointment that morning. Erin was bringing herself after soccer practice and grandma was bringing the youngest four. Erin called me from the dentist office wondering if she bought her prom jewelry, would I transfer money in to her account. “Well of course, I already bought the dress and shoes, why don’t you throw in a few tans as well.” After all, I am the money tree. While I was on the phone with Lauren I could hear grandma in the background. She needed Lauren to move her car. Lauren was more concerned with stirring the pot trying to get her little sister in trouble than helping her 71 year old grandma. She could have actually taken her siblings to the dentist for me, but of course she has that whole “what’s in it for me attitude.”

Dave was a nice dad and took Shannon and some of her friends to see the midnight showing of the new Hannah Montana movie last night. He dropped them off and waited in the parking lot reading a book and brought them all back to our house at 2:00, Yikes!! I was asleep by 9:30. I’m the only one who had to work today. The girls woke me up giggling a few times. I was just happy to hear Shannon laughing for a change so I didn’t complain. It was just a few hours earlier that she told everyone she hated them over a pair of Nike’s.

No comments: