My Blog List

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I have Maggie's First Communion in less than three days and my house is still a disaster. Grandma did all the grocery shopping for me so that is one less thing I have to do. Of course she bought aluminum foil from the dollar store instead of spending an extra 75 cents to get foil that actually closes around your container. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. I have an appointment tomorrow to get my hair cut and colored. Wednesday I had 45 minutes to go to the mall and pick out a new outfit for me to wear to First Communion and I had to get Maggies' necklace and earrings. I felt like OJ running through the airport practically sprinting from store to store. My clothes are all too big thanks to my new diet but I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new outfit when I plan to be even smaller by my 40th birthday. That is the plan anyway, lets see how I do with Maggie's whipped cream cake on Sunday.

Erin has had a nightmare with her prom dress. First it was too big, we had it taken in, it was still too big. She took it in again. New problem, she couldn't get It zipped. We took it back to the seamstress and she let it out. Erin is on her way back from a soccer game in Kansas City so she hasn't tried it on yet. I sure hope third time is a charm. She is getting her Senior pictures taken on Wednesday, we are trying to fit everything in before her surgery. I talked to her pediatrician today about possibly getting a second opinion. She agreed it wouldn't be a bad idea but we don't have much time. Hopefully I will be able to get in early this week and they may find a less invasive way to treat what she has going on. I doubt it, but I will feel better knowing that we explored other options. I have heard of four different people this week that have been diagnosed with cancer. One of which was a classmate of Erin's in grade school. It is so hard to understand why bad things happen to such good people. I don't think I can take much more bad news this week.


I had a decorating committee meeting for eighth grade graduation. As soon as it was over I headed to Ryan's 8:00 baseball game. While I was at the game I heard all the mothers talking about getting their boys costumes together for the project tomorrow. Me and little Mr. Murphy had a long talk in the car at 9:30 why it wasn't a good idea to have your mom throw a costume together at 9:30 at night. He has to be someone famous from MO. He chose David Cook, the American Idol winner. We found a pair of jeans, brown T-shirt, wooden cross necklace, microphone and Rock Band electric guitar. Not bad for a 5 minute costume.

Dave is running a six mile race on Saturday, he turns 40 on Sunday and must have something to prove. I notice he didn't challenge Lauren's boyfriend Mike to try and beat him this time. I think he learned his lesson after the St. Pat's Day run. I get tired when I have to drive six miles, I wouldn't even consider running six miles. Who does that???

No comments: