My Blog List

Friday, May 1, 2009


First Communion turned out great, we had a beautiful day. My friend Kelly came over and got all the food ready for me and her dad barbecued while we were at church. The weather was perfect and we actually ran out of food. I really didn't care because I can't eat food anyway. I am officially 23 lbs down. Who needs food anyway?? I have been busy planning a surprise 40th birthday party for Dave. Dave's sister, no not Theresa(I did that for you Therese) decided to let him know that their other sister wouldn't be making it to his party on Friday. Dave said, "party?" and she said, "Oh was it a surprise??" Well it was!!! Dave said the look on Erin's face was priceless, her jaw was on the table. They all collectively decided not to tell me that he knew. I think it took about ten minutes for someone to spill the beans to me. I was so mad, I think they saw steam coming from my ears. Dave hates attention so he is dreading tonight. He is like a little kid, he is afraid people won't show up. I haven't told him anything about the guest list or agenda so at least that part will be a surprise.


He was acting like a complete jerk last night because he was stressed out about some class he is taking for work. He finally went to the library to study. "What is your family to loud and distracting??" I'm thinking about sending him to a different location tonight so he thinks no one showed up for his 40th birthday party. He wanted a hair cut this morning, I told him after the way he acted last night, a haircut may not be such a good idea unless he was prepared to make a trip to the ER to get my haircutting scissors surgically removed from his neck.


I took today off of work because Erin has prom and I have a not so surprise birthday party for Dave tonight. Of course the weather forecast is calling for thunderstorms all night for my outside patio surprise party for the (not so much) love of my life!! Erin's prom dress finally fits her. It has been altered four times. I hope it doesn't fall apart tonight. It was so tight that she couldn't get it zipped without the help of three people. I thought, not necessarily a bad deal. If she can't get it zipped she may be more likely to stay fully clothed on prom night. My friend Kelly pointed out that she could always lift it up from the bottom. Thanks Kelly, that makes me feel so much better. I have never met this kid that she is going with, I hear that he is cute but short. I will post pictures if he is cute, if not, I will post a picture of just Erin, I know she is cute!! I am off to run errands and get my creative prom hairstyle juices flowing.

1 comment:

Hudson said...

Is there no surprises left in this world. I can never pull off any surprises because these sister in laws must come in every family...