My Blog List

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oh how I love snow days!!! Snow days combined with a sinus infection and a headache are a good enough reason for this old mom to pull herself together and go to work, headache and all!! I can take off tomorrow when the house is quiet.

I got the hair brained idea to run a half marathon this coming April. What was I thinking?? Dave, Sam, Lauren and Kelsey are also running. The temperatures this week have been somewhere around 10 degrees. Thank God I have a treadmill because there is no way my butt is going outside until the temperature is at least 35 degrees and even that is questionable. The downside is that I haven't been unable to show off all my pretty new running gear, I may not be a good runner but I sure do look the part!!

I started on Monday, the schedule said to run two miles so 2 miles it is. Tuesday is an off day, thank God for Tuesday. Wednesday was 3 miles, I made the mistake of running without my IPOD on Monday because my charger was somewhere in Shannon's room. After threatening her life, she returned the charger. I plugged my earphones in on Wednesday ready to run and, Nothing!! Great, it's always something. For some reason my headphones are broken, all by themselves. Lucky for me Lauren is also training for the half marathon on my treadmill and I found her ipod with the headphones that I bought over a year ago (and mysteriously lost), connected to it right on my dresser. After untangling Ryan's yo yo string from my new/old headphones I started my run. By this time my patience level was not so good at untangling yo yo strings. I decided to refresh my deodorant before I started my run and low and behold, that has also disappeared from my bathroom. I guess I will wear Old Spice deodorant once again!! (no one steals that) I would tie up my children with a Yo Yo string if I could.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good for you, running a marathon! I can barely make it to the mailbox and back. :)