My Blog List

Thursday, December 31, 2009

I can't believe it is the end of 2009 already. It has been a great year, my biggest accomplishment was my weight loss. I worked my butt off literally. I have to say my weight is up a bit (10 awful lbs) I decided to go crazy and start fresh on Jan 1st. I have enjoyed this last week of french fries and cupcakes.

Some friends and I are starting a 12 week training program for a half marathon in April. 2010 will be the year I exercise and tone this 40 year old body. I am excited to see what the year will bring, little Erin/Sybil will graduate and go off to college. We sill haven't decided where, but we know it will be somewhere not in the state of MO. One of my friends asked, what will you do with your blog without daily Erin/Sybil material. With that her husband quickly responded, "poor Dave." Yup poor Dave is right, he always supplies me with plenty of material.

2010 will also be the year of our twentieth wedding anniversary. I know I make fun of Dave frequently but can't imagine my life with a man that could go to the grocery store without help, could go through a drive thru, could order a pizza by himself or match his own clothes. I am glad I picked the village idiot before someone else grabbed him. He is quite the catch. I hope our next twenty years are slightly less, OK extremely less "fruitful" and just as entertaining as the first twenty.

It is crazy to imagine that in 2020 we will almost be empty nesters. Maggie will be a senior in high school picking out a college just like Erin/Sybil. Sam will be a successful accountant still trying to figure out the meaning of life, Lauren and Mike will be married and Mike will be wondering why he didn't heed our warnings, Erin will be in a mental institution getting help for her personality disorder that her mother caused by calling her Sybil, Kelsey will be playing soccer somewhere pretending like she is an only child, Shannon will be laying on a couch somewhere in a trailer park watching TV, and Ryan will be incarcerated. Or maybe they will all be happy successful well rounded members of society. Yeah Right!!!

No comments: