My Blog List

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tis the season to be ready to ram my head against a wall over and over again. No matter how hard I try, there is never enough time. A girl I work with just brought her son's Christmas Pictures in. He is about six months old and absolutely adorable. She has three pictures sitting on her desk. He is wearing a Santa Suit and in each picture and is sitting in front of a big white letter, the pictures spell out JOY. I thought of a great idea. This Christmas I will pose each one of my little blessings in front of a letter of my choosing. I have just enough kids to display on my desk ANARCHY.


Before I left for work last night Kelsey informed me that she needed a rob your neighbor gift for her Christmas party at school in the morning. I had Erin run by the grocery store for me to get ingredients so I could make cookies for the teachers when I got off work at midnight. I asked Erin if she wanted to make the cookies for me while I was at work. She said, "Umm no I don't really want to."

I had 4 cookie tins and 6 teachers to bake for. Before I left, I asked Kelsey to have her dad buy two more tins and her rob your neighbor gift. I received a message on my cell phone from little Sybil a while later that said, "Mom I am going to a hockey game so I definitely won't be able to buy the tins or make your cookies, I guess dad can do it, bye." I got home around 12:30 and Dave was in bed reading. I asked if he bought the tins and the rob your neighbor gift. He said, "no I figured I could go to QT in the morning." I said, "I'm sure every eighth grader would love a $5 gas card." I sent him to Wal Mart!!

Erin was sitting at the counter when I was mixing the cookie batter. I asked her to take two steps behind her and get the eggs out of the fridge for me. She looked at me like I was crazy and said. "I'm really tired, I don't feel like getting up." My poor baby, she was just exhausted from getting all dolled up in her new $98 dollar jeans and flirting with CBC hockey players all night. She really needs to get some rest, I was starting to worry about her. I was being so selfish to ask her to hand me the eggs. I will try to not be so hard on her in the future.

I was just about finished with my second batch of cookies when the phone rang. Who else would be calling at 1:30 in the morning other than my one and only. Of all the boys in the village, why oh why did I have to marry the village idiot. I answered the phone to hear, "Punkin, where would one find cookie tins??" I directed him through Wal Mart over the phone and wondered when a trip to the store wouldn't require a phone call. I finished the cookies at 2:00 AM and called it a day. FA LA, LA, LA, LA.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Colleen, you need your own sitcom. You are FUNNY!

kinder/caring said...

Very, very entertaining read!

http://kindercaring.blogspot.com/