My Blog List

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I have been working at Macy's for extra money for Christmas. Why is it that I don't have any extra money???? Tuesday I had to work until midnight. When I came out of work my van was parked in front of the building and the engine was running. I thought "Why is my van here? I didn't park here." I saw Dave's car parked behind it. He can still WOW me after all these years. He told me when he picked up Kelsey from basketball practice it was 20 degrees and he knew that I hate to be cold and he didn't want me walking across the cold parking lot. Yesterday however, I was barking out orders as usual on the phone before I left for work. He said "Don't be surprised if you come out of work tonight and I am standing there with a bucket of water to throw on you." Luckily for him, he can still Wow me and make me laugh.

I am working every day between now and Christmas, it is actually a blessing in disguise, not only am I making extra money, it is keeping me from excessive shopping and spending money on stupid stuff that my kids who have everything don't need. On the downside, I have to bake cookies for the kids teachers and Dave doesn't even know how to turn the oven on much less mix ingredients and bake. I guess I will find time somehow so no one breaks a tooth on a cookie.

My kids draw names on Thanksgiving and get each other gifts that they exchange on Christmas Eve. This year my genius son forgot who he has, but does remembers that it is a sister. That really narrows it down. Hopefully we figure it out so World War III doesn't break out on Christmas Eve.

Ryan asked if he could just stay home from school next week, they only have two days of school. He said on the last day it is just their Christmas party and he is tired of playing two hours of Christmas bingo like he does every other year. I told him for $500 a month tuition he will go and play Christmas bingo with a good attitude and a great big grateful smile on his face. Maybe I am a little testy because I am working two jobs. Last night he kept walking around with his pants too low. I warned him at least three times to pull them up. Finally I just said, "take off your pants and give them to me, you have lost your pants privilege for the day." He may be playing Christmas bingo in boxers if he doesn't watch it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can totally see myself saying that to my son! Too funny.