My Blog List

Sunday, December 27, 2009






Christmas Eve I worked until 2:00 while Dave was in charge at home. I had two new DVR's installed the week before and the one in my bedroom wasn't working. They sent out a technician to fix the problem on Christmas Eve. Erin decided to give the guy an early Christmas present when she came downstairs wearing nothing but leggings a bra and a Christmas smile. She ran up the stairs and asked why no one bothered telling her that the cable guy was still there. Great Erin, now I will never get my DVR fixed, I guess I will be setting an extra plate for Christmas dinner.

Lauren got home from work right before we left for Christmas mass. She was planning on going to mass in the morning and was exhausted after working eight hours. We talked her into just going with us. She said " fine but don't expect me to stay awake." She went downstairs to change and came up in a form fighting blue dress and go go boots." I think she was bringing baby Jesus the gift of cleavage. I decided to pick my battles and take a deep breath and sit all the way at the other end of the pew so no one thought the kid with her boobs hanging out belonged to me. I suggested she sit on the other side of the cable guy who was next to Erin.

The kids had a nice Christmas despite Dave AKA village idiot Santa wrapping his only son's gifts in pastel pink and green paper. Smart Santa AKA me used dark green and red paper for the gifts that I wrapped. Despite the pink paper, everyone had a nice Christmas. Kelsey got a cell phone so all is finally right with the world. She can finish her eighth grade year no longer in shame as she was the only kid in the world without a phone.

Christmas Eve and Christmas day our land line phone was out. Erin's friend the cable guy hooked something up wrong and our phone was dead. I called the cable company and they sent someone else out. He came early Sunday morning. I am sure the technicians were fighting over who got to come to the house of ill repute. This time it was grandma who came out of the bathroom half dressed, bra less and toothless. I'm sure when the technicians compare notes, no one will believe the first guy!!
Saturday we had Christmas at our house with Dave's family. I made a "special " drink with Citrus Vodka and Squirt soda. My sister in law and I drank a few too many. The problem was that after everyone left, we went to a party for Lauren's boyfriend Mike's parents. It was a surprise 25th anniversary party. I am not much of a drinker and I don't think I have EVER shown up to a party already "happy." All I know is this morning my back hurt so bad I was walking like I was 90. I think it may have been the dancing combined with a little air guitar. It really wasn't my fault, they played Jessie's girl. Lauren said, "way to go mom, way to impress my future in laws." I guess if Mike's family doesn't like us anymore, she can always give the cable guy a call.

2 comments:

happylaney said...

Checking in on my fellow mom squad today at lunch. I need to read your blog more often because #1 it makes me laugh out loud (luckily I work by myself) and #2 your busy life makes my life feel like a breeze. Try to stay out of the emergency room, and tell your household to put some clothes on over there!

Happy Holidays!

Colleen murphy said...

Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your brother in law:( I'm sending prayers your way!!!