My Blog List

Friday, January 15, 2010

Yesterday when I pulled in the driveway, Shannon was in the drivers seat of grandma's car parked next to me. She had just gotten back from the library looking for a book that she needed for school. Grandma let her drive there and back. The library didn't have the book and Shannon had a test in the morning covering the first 100 pages. I told her that we could go to Borders after dinner. Shannon is having a group of girls spend the nighton Friday and I told her she needed to clean up if she wanted the girls to come over. Shannon has a hard time concentrating on anything other than an episode of the Hills or text messaging. Getting her to focus on loading the dishwasher sometimes takes hours.

After dinner we headed out to Borders with Shannon in the drivers seat, YIKES!! The windshield was pretty dirty due to the melted snow so we decided not to take the highway to the mall, I didn't think my nerves could take it. She did fine up until the time she missed the mall entrance and we had to go down the road to the further entrance. She followed the car in front of her and turned down the wrong side of the concrete median into the mall. I said, "Shannon do you realize that you are driving down the wrong side of the road?" She said,"I'm following that guy, he is clearly a terrible driver." CLEARLY!! We got to Borders and I couldn't wait to get out of the car. I obviously didn't realize that I would be teaching 7 children to drive when I was popping out babies every other year. What was I thinking????

Borders had one copy of the book and we got it, and went on our way. She drove home without incident. On the way home she said, "Please don't tell grandma that I drove down the wrong side of the road in her car." Don't worry Shannon, your secret is safe with me!!! She also boasted that she stopped at every stop sign this time. We pulled in the driveway and I said, "I need a drink." She said "Why?"I said, "Oh honey, I'm just really thirsty."

No comments: