My Blog List

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I have boot camp after work on Wednesday. I got home at 5:00 and Kelsey was asleep on the couch. That is one of my pet peeves to see my kids laying on the couch being lazy. I let her sleep a while while I played referee to Ryan and Maggie fighting over the last 3 inches of couch that Kelsey left. If I heard seat check once, I heard it a thousand times every time one of them got up. I try to hang out in the family room with the kids as long as I can but a mom can only take so many episodes of Sponge Bob before she throws in the towel and goes off to the comfort of her own room and own TV.

I let Kelsey sleep for a while and then I woke her up and told her to either get up or go up to her room. Erin is not speaking to me because I wouldn't let her go to the scavenger hunt for Zambia. I feel bad for her but she pretty much did it to herself. I walked into the living room and saw a body asleep on my couch. I was so mad, I already woke Kelsey up and told her to go upstairs. I walked over to the couch and stood over her and repeatedly said, "Kelsey, Kelsey, didn't I tell you to go upstairs." Imagine my surprise when Erin/Sybil rolled over and looked at me with a look of surprise and why are you yelling at me? I said, "oops sorry I had the wrong lazy kid, carry on."

This morning as Shannon was walking out to the car, she slipped on a patch of ice. By the time I got to the front door, she was on her hands and knees gathering all her stuff. She had her book bag, cheerleading bag, overnight bag as well as some books. She was just looking so pitiful examining herself looking for cuts and scrapes. Everything she owned was scattered all over the sidewalk and front yard. Erin had a look of pure delight and was doubled over laughing, she said, "Some random lady just stopped in her car to see if Shannon was OK." Wow now that is funny, why in the hell didn't you stop to help your sister?? Maybe we will throw Ryan down the basement steps tonight so you can really get a good laugh.

No comments: