My Blog List

Friday, February 25, 2011

Lauren has settled in to her new job and her new place. Our house is still just crazy which leads me to believe she may be normal....nah I don't think any of the Murphy's are normal.

Tuesday when I got to work I realized that the lovely smell I smelled all the way to work was dog pee. Seamus had peed on my coat and I didn't realize it until I got to work. Unfortunately for me Tuesday is the day I go to the big hospital downtown. My van is too tall to fit in the parking garage so I park in a lot and take a shuttle over to the hospital. It was cold Tuesday so my choices were freeze to death waiting for the shuttle or smell like dog pee. I decided to smell. By the end of the day I was so stressed out I thought about serving Seamus on a platter for dinner. I thought it might scar Maggie emotionally so I didn't do it but the idea is still in the back of my mind.

Erin was trying to get a Resident Assistant position at school next year so her room and board were paid for. She was chosen as an alternate so unless someone drops out of the program she needs to come up with around 9,000. "piece of cake" She was pretty upset when I talked to her, I tried to tell her everything would be fine, she just needs to save all the money that she makes this summer and we may need to borrow more money next year. When I talked to Dave I told him that Erin was crying on the phone. He said "Hmm that's funny she was in a great mood when I talked to her." Hence the name "Sybil." It seems that Erin's alter egos have followed her all the way to Mobile Alabama.

Today I talked to her and mentioned that I saw in her account that she spent $35 at Victoria's Secret. I asked if she really though new bras and underwear were a necessity when she needed to save 9,000. She told me it was actually a new swimming suit and it was on sale so she just had to get it. I just transferred money in her account so I told her that we would have to share the swim suit considering I basically paid for it. I said "What color is my new swim suit? " She said, "Pink and sparkly and it's an extra small, the official name is Watermelon Sparkle." Won't she be surprised if I actually put on the extra small "Watermelon Sparkle" itty bitty bikini. I will be the talk of the water park!!

This morning as Maggie was getting ready for school I noticed some writing on her ankle. I asked what it was. She tried to hide her legs and said, "Umm they are hearts, I drew them yesterday." Great, my nine year old is giving herself tattoos. What next???

Shannon's grades are again on the slippery slope of the low C high D range. I feel like I have had this conversation before?? I have not seen her back pack all quarter. She just leaves it in the back of the car. It is much too heavy to carry in the house everyday. Besides, if she set it down on the couch, she would have no room to lay down and watch TV.

Yesterday I received a text from Kelsey that said; "Have I mentioned how much I HATE Shannon?" Umm yeah I think she may have mentioned that before, like as soon as she could form a sentence!! Apparently they had a little too much bonding time. Shannon was cheering at a basketball game and then she was going to the school play afterwards for extra credit in her Drama Class. I transferred some money in her account to pick up dinner and pay for her ticket as well as Kelsey's to the play. They went to Bread Co and Shannon bought herself a big cookie. She refused to give Kelsey one piece of it. Kelsey got frustrated and got up and sat at a table by herself. When they got back to school Shannon told her that she only had enough money for one ticket and Kelsey would have to figure something out on her own. Luckily Kelsey had some money with her. I am really glad that Shannon is taking this Catholic school thing so seriously. Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you. I think tonight the family may all go out to dinner and make her watch us eat, then maybe will will swing by the movies and make her sit in the lobby. It's a shame my new bikini is in Alabama, I would wear it to dinner.

No comments: