My Blog List

Monday, June 22, 2009


We had a crazy weekend. Lauren's best friend Diane got married on Saturday. I got up early and went to the Bride's house to help the girls get ready. I did Lauren's hair and make up and put individual false eyelashes on all the bridesmaids and did eye makeup on four girls. The bridesmaids got dressed in the balcony of church, as they were changing and I watched their skinny little bodies with next to nothing dental floss as underwear, I decided it would be best for me to take my girdle and get dressed downstairs in the bathroom away from all the skinny girls. I sat down for the first time all day in my pew just in time to watch the beautiful bride (and beautiful maid of honor) walk down the aisle. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was very nice. Dave and I were discussing how quickly the tide has turned, it seems like we have just finished wedding season with our friends and now suddenly it is our daughter's friends getting married. How in the hell did that happen. We can't be that old, Can we???
Lauren had surgery this morning, it has been a rough summer for the Murphy girls. She has been having horrible cramps for years and the doctor suspected that she had endometriosis. They did laproscopic surgery and that is what they found. The doctor said our next step is to put her in a temporary state of menopause for six months. I never thought my daughter would go through menopause before me. She told Mike, "Sorry Mike, you get to go through menopause with me twice." Poor Mike, he is definitely a keeper. When she woke up from surgery she was really groggy and kept asking me if her stomach was big. I kept assuring her that she was the same size that she was an hour ago, she would wait five minutes and say, "mom, is my stomach big?" Again, NO!! She would wait two minutes and say, "Did you put my belly button ring back in." Ummm, no, they went in through your belly button, putting a ring back in wouldn't be such a good idea. Two minutes later, "Mom, is my stomach big." "No, Lauren." A minute later, "Do I have stretch marks?" I then apologized to the nurse and explained that she is a tad vain. She still had her fake eyelashes on left over from the wedding. The nurse said they taped her eyes shut when she was under anesthesia and they were careful taking the tape off so she wouldn't lose her eyelashes. She must have thought we were really weird. Who wears fake eyelashes to surgery? I helped her get dressed and decided the dental floss she had as underwear would not be much protection for Erin's shorts. They gave me a pair of sexy, one size fits all disposable underwear for her. They kind of reminded me of the sexy girdle I wore to Diane's wedding. When we got in the car she was looking at the pictures that they gave her of the inside of her uterus. She looked at me as serious as she could and said, "Mom, you are not putting these on facebook." "Oh, honey, I wouldn't do that, I was saving them to send out as our family Christmas card next year.

No comments: