My Blog List

Monday, February 15, 2010


Everyone wants to hear those three little words for Valentines Day, "I Love you" or maybe even "Be my Valentine." I am so lucky I got a few extra words this Valentines Day. "Mom, I think it's drivable but the hood fell off." Dave and I had just started a movie when we got the dreaded phone call from Erin/Sybil. I was just thinking to myself, what a perfect Sunday afternoon. We went to church, went grocery shopping, ate lunch and cuddled up to watch a movie. Life doesn't get any better than this.


She was at work and I figured that the roads would probably be clear by the time she got off. Her manager let her leave early because the roads were getting bad. A child with half a brain may have considered leaving her car there and calling her dad to pick her up. Lauren does that with one drop of rain. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly thankful that no one was injured and I love Erin much more than I love the car but Is it wrong to love Erin and the car?? We only have liability coverage on her car so it looks like her replacement will be a Schwinn or a Huffy. Shannon is close to getting her license and now won't have a car to drive. When Sam starts her job in August, she will buy a car and we will get the Jeep back. Erin is upset that she set Shannon up to drive a good car and that is not fair. I thought to myself, it's OK Erin, when you come home for Christmas break from Alabama, I'm sure you will crash the jeep again and then Shannon will have a piece of junk to drive and you can sleep much better at night.


Before I went to bed I thought to myself, why didn't I factor in teenage drivers when I had all these kids?? My girls were so cute in their little dresses and Mary Janes with the little lacy ankle socks. Now I keep hearing, "Mom, I think it's drivable but the hood fell off." Thank God there is no snow in Alabama. I asked her not to come home from college with a tattoo but now I am rethinking my decision. I wouldn't mind and I may even pay for it if she decides to tattoo idiot across her forehead.

No comments: