My Blog List

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My morning started a little crazy. Dave has decided to get up and go to mass every morning as his New Years Resolution. I am pretty sure it won't last past Jan. 11th but who am I to judge? This morning my alarm went off at 6:40 as usual. I hit dismiss on my phone instead of snooze. I woke up at 7:20 frantic, the whole house was still asleep....except for the little choir boy, he was at church praying for our lost souls.

Shannon and Kelsey already have detention this week due to the many tardies last quarter. Needless to say this was not a happy household this morning. Maggie has Dare graduation tonight and needed her Dare shirt to wear to school today. She left it on the couch. Shannon and Kelsey cleaned up the living room on Tuesday night, so no telling where that T shirt could be. If Kelsey put it away it could be in some crazy off the wall location like the freezer or microwave. She tends to just stick things anywhere and deal with finding them later. We never did find the shirt and their ride came. So much for being prepared. Shannon and Kelsey headed out and I was left with a quiet house. The bright spot was that I had absolutely no time to scream at anyone this morning.


I decided to log on to Maggie and Ryan's school website and check their grades. Not sure what made me do this but I wish I could rewind my day back to the time where I would think of my little darlings and my heart would melt.....After checking in our their second quarter grades I am thinking about tieing them up when I get home and leaving them that way until bed time. Maggie got an F in religion....yes I said an F. How in the hell do you flunk religion? I mean come on...your father attends mass every morning...OK he has went 4 times but still?? Ryan's last couple grades in science were less than stellar, he did manage to pull off a C-. Maybe I will tie Maggie up with rosaries...yeah that's a good idea.

Dave has a work meeting and can't make it to Maggie's Dare graduation. Always the supportive spouse I laid into him and explained that when our baby girl is living in a cardboard box under a bridge smoking crack that he may want to remember this day. Oh well I guess the family is big enough we can bring enough people to make up for dad missing.

They had to write essays at the completion of the program. She of course in Maggie fashion waited until the last minute to tell me it was due. I told her to write a rough draft and I would go over it for her. I looked at her paper and decided if I was going to get any sleep I should just take over. I wrote a beautiful essay. Imagine my surprise when Evan won in her class?? Come on Evan, we all know that my essay was fabulous!

I always try and find the bright side in my day. I guess the best part of the day is that Maggie will be easy to spot at graduation. She will be the one without a shirt....perfect training to support her crack habit for later in life. Maybe she should go ahead and stand next to a pole!

No comments: