My Blog List

Wednesday, June 6, 2012



car.JPGcartoon.JPG 





So many of my faithful followers remember that I was part of a cool
contest in 2008 called mommy madness. I got to drive a Chevy Traverse
for a month, go on cool mommy missions, make videos and blog about the
car.(the kids broke the video camera)

I ended up winning the contest and receiving 4 nights at the Westin and
$400 in American Express gift cards. I gave half the prize to the girls
high school for their auction and have been patiently waiting to use
the other half for a much needed weekend get away.

We made reservations two months ago and were afraid we would have to
cancel due to Kelsey playing in the Mo State high school soccer final.
Unfortunately she lost in double overtime to our arch rival  and
cleared the way for her parents to have a "perfect" weekend.

Dave wanted to go to a nice place for dinner and wear a suit. Honestly
I was a little bothered. I mean come on.....after 22 years I am pretty
much a sure thing. No need to wine and dine me but ok I'll wear a dress
and cram my feet in some horribly uncomfortable shoes.

When we sat down at the table my phone rang, I felt a little awkward
answering a phone in such a nice restaurant. It was Shannon informing
me that I left the hotel gift certicate on the kitchen table.  Things
were starting out fabulous. Sam had texted a few times during dinner.
Dave had told her he was sending his last text for the weekend. Unless
someone's  head falls off, he would prefer not to hear from anyone.

Saturday we went to the Botanical Gardens, we paid $24 for a little
chinese man who didn't speak a word of English to draw our portrait.
Dave ended up looking chinese and i have no idea who the woman in the
portrait with him is?

We had dinner and then went to Lumier for a little gambling. Our plan
was to use the American Express gift cards to gamble with. They would
not accept a card without a pin....so much for that plan. I did end up
winning $240, I was happy.

I wanted to hang out by the pool all day Sunday and just relax and get
some sun. Apparently the Westin doesn't have a pool. Plan B, we went
shopping out to lunch then had ice cream. We decided a little after 5
it was time to head back to reality whether we wanted to or not.

Ryan was sleeping when we got home, he woke up and was a litte
distraught. Erin/Sybil had lost  all patience with Ryan and tortured
him on most of the day Sunday. Later she claimed she tried her best but
couldn't contain herself anymore. Glad I left him in such good hands.

By seven a clock I was not feeling well, Dave also felt a little sick
to his stomach. We assumed it was because we ate so much. By 8 o'clock
I had a full out bathroom episode that made the scene in Bridesmads
look like something out of a Disney princess movie.

Dave followed suit shortly after me. We must have had some type of food
poisoning.I heard Dave lecturing Erin  when she got home about being so
mean  to her brother. I was busy throwing up so I didn't hear the whole
conversation. A while later Erin came downstairs and asked for a roll
of toilet paper. Dave tod her , "no, we need it." She said,"do you
really need all of it." he said, yes." and we did! She told me the next
day, I could hear the sense of urgency and decided not to push the
issue and got some toilet paper from grandma. We both were sick all
night, what a way to end a weekend. "We're sexy and we know it!"

I left work a little early Monday so I could take nap. I was dehydrated
and still didn't feel well. I should  have known I would end  up with a
few yappy kids in my bed, they claimed they missed me over the weekend.
So much for a nap.

Kelsey called around 10pm to see if she could spend the night at her
friend Tori's house. I told her fine. A couple hours later she called
to tell me she had been in an accident. Shannon heard me on the phone
and came downstairs. I asked her how she beat Kelsey home, they left
work at  the same time and Kelsey's friend lives closer to their work?

That is when Shannon told me Kelsey went to her friend's  party 40
minutes the other way before heading back to Tori's house. She got
lost, ran a stop sign and crunched up the car. I was thankful she was
safe so I could hurt her myself when she got home. Technically she
didnt lie, she jut failed to give a full disclosure of events. I am
always trying to look at the bright side. This is our fourth accident
in three years.....Ryan will be driving in just 2.5 years....oh goody


Seriously though I had a great weekend with Dave,despite the explosive
diarrhea and head spinning vomiting. I still adore my "village idiot"
and cant wait for the next 20 years. Hopefully the next 20 years, more
birds fly the coup and don't ever come back. I'm kidding.......kind of!!


My kids do stupid things but they are "normal" growing pains that every
teenager goes though. It's just that some parents were young and stupid
and didn't plan well and had a baby every two years not realizing they
were really just building a financial empire for State Farm.

I would admit that this weekend was a great way to finally cash in on
my Mommy Madness prize, it took over two years to use it, my life is
truly Mad!

No comments: