My Blog List

Friday, November 9, 2012

Just when you think I'm gone for good....BAM I come out of nowhere!

 I have had nothing to write about for months. My family is perfect and my girls are complete angels, they never fight and Ryan has straight A's and all of his teachers adore him.


Oh wait, I think that was a dream I had the other night about my imaginary family. In reality...Dave is still quirky, Sam has a new job(good thing), Lauren was without power in NYC thanks to hurricane Sandy, Erin still calls twice a week complaining how hard school is, Shannon calls three times a week to let me know that her head hurts or her throat hurts or to tell me she smuggled a kitten in her dorm room (does she even like cats? ) Kelsey can't make a decision on where she may want to go to college and apparently it is somehow my fault, Ryan was flunking math....brought it up to a C in two weeks after I threatened to kill him, Maggie is still sweet as ever....waiting for that shoe to fall!

I am working at Macy's again for the Christmas season, I really just wanted the discount....not sure I want to work. Oh wait isn't that what is wrong with this country? I guess I can suck it up and put a big smile on my face and spread holiday cheer.

Thanksgiving is around the corner and I am excited to have most of my babies at home. Lauren won't be able to join us for Thanksgiving or Christmas so it won't be the same. On the bright side we will not be doing our annual dysfunctional Christmas card this year. No worries, I will figure something out, somehow I will get a Christmas card out that shows the happy family!

Dave is adjusting to his new job, he travels a lot which means I get my bed, my thermostat and my remote all to myself....I really miss him when he is gone.

Ok so maybe I do miss him, but not as much as the kids. Normally he is only gone a day or two. On the weeks that he is gone 4 or 5 days....rarely...Ok often times I resemble Linda Blair in the Exorcist when I am on day 4 without any moral support from the one who helped me create all these idiots I live with.(kidding....kind of)

Yesterday we had an especially crazy day, I only had a few minutes to change clothes after work, grab Ryan at school , go back home and pick up Kelsey, drop Ryan off at his other soccer practice 30 minutes away, pick up a gift card to bring to Kelsey's Cross Country Banquet and get to the banquet by 6.

When I picked Ryan up he suggested he stay home from practice to make things easier. His practice was just club training and he didn't mind missing. I thought, "That would really make my life easier." Dave had to get Maggie to her practice at 6 and he had a parade committee meeting for the St. Pats Day Parade. Earlier,Grandma had graciously agreed to pick Ryan up from his practice at 7 pm.

I made it to the banquet just 10 minutes late and watched everyone eat the scrumptious food. ( I am back on Medifast) During the coaches speech I could hear my purse vibrating, I stepped outside and called grandma back. I had 4 missed calls. She told me she couldn't find Ryan. I was a little aggravated and said, "He is always the last one off the field, he will find you." Twenty minutes later she called back and said, "Do you think he could have went home with someone else?" I said,  "No, but I will call Dave and ask him to call his coach." (I didn't have the coaches number.) Dave didn't answer his phone and I was starting to get furious with Ryan, then I thought to myself, "I don't remember telling Ryan on the way to practice that grandma was picking him up, then I remembered Oh Shit, Ryan didn't go to practice." No wonder I didn't remember our conversation on the way there....he wasn't in the car.

One of these days I will have this parenting thing down to a science...I may even learn to say Oh Goodness instead of Oh Shit!!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Welcome back Punkin, keep on writing, it is good for you. I love you.