My Blog List

Friday, April 23, 2010

Love is in the air at the Murphy house. Erin and Shannon are having a lovely time sharing the car. Erin's argument is "Shannon can't do anything for herself. Everyone stands up and gives her a standing ovation every time she works on homework and she always gets the car." Shannon's argument, is "Erin is so mean, she always bully's me and says I get everything I want." It all started on Tuesday. Erin stayed the night with a friend and didn't tell Shannon she had to wake up on her own and drive to school. The fact that she wasn't in the bed that she shares with her wasn't a big enough clue. Apparently when she got to school it was ugly. Shannon was unable to park in her parking spot because it was ring day and Erin didn't tell her. A friend of mine who is a teacher called to tell me what entertainment my girls provided. Shannon stood in the middle of the street and stared Erin down and refused to budge when Erin's friend came by to pick her up because she had to park so far away.

Thursday night Erin had to work at 6 and Shannon had to work at 7. We had a little problem deciding who got the car. Lauren called me in the morning to tell me how she didn't like my children because they weren't silent in the morning while they got ready for school. Oh this is going to be a long summer when Lauren comes home.

Last night Shannon came in my room and asked if she could go bowling with her friends. I told her no because she didn't have any money. Dave said "If you quit fighting with your sister you can take all the money I have." Shannon jumped up grabbed the cash and we didn't hear from her the rest of the night.

Today is the display of the rain forest in Maggie's classroom. I called Dave to see if he wanted to meet me there at 2:30. I told him they were taking donations to save the Lair. Whatever the Lair is. He said No, I had to pay our kids to get along so I am out of money. I don't think we will find that paying your children to not kill each other will be in any parenting books.

No comments: