My Blog List

Friday, April 9, 2010

This has been a pretty crazy week. Monday we had the prom fiasco, the store where Erin bought her dress sold the same dress to a Junior at her school. To make an unbelievably long story short, the store owner was mean to Erin and Lauren and made Erin cry in the store because he was so rude. In the end she got her money back for the ridiculously expensive prom dress. I called home later in the day to check on her and Lauren said, "She is sitting in her underwear crying eating a whole bag of Doritos, she may need a larger size dress, whatever she finds." I took off work early and we went on a prom dress mission. We found one she liked, it is really cute on her but she feels it doesn't have the "Wow" factor. She ended up getting a size 0 so I guess the Doritos were harmless.

My youngest three are on spring break this week. I asked Kelsey to unload and reload the dishwasher for me. When I got home it was clear that she misunderstood my instructions. I think she thought I said, "Kelsey, please play a game of "Jenga" with every dish that we own." Poor kid, I really should have made myself a little more clear.

We are running the half marathon on Sunday. I ran 10 miles three weeks ago and ever since then I have considered getting around town in a wheel chair. I am falling apart. My calf muscles are so sore, I can barely walk. I only ran once this week trying to rest my muscles but I feel horrible. Kelsey makes her confirmation on Saturday, I think I should spend the morning praying that the other 16000 participants get a bad stomach bug instead of praying that I do well. God knows that is a hopeless prayer. I just hope I finish.

No comments: