My Blog List

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring soccer has arrived so I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. What has been even better is that gas prices have went up and what used to cost around 65-70 dollars to fill my gas tank and last a week is now costing me around 80 and it lasts for about 3 to 4 days. YIPEE!!!! To top that off little Miss Erin has needed a check just about every day, "Mom I need $110 for prom tickets.", "Mom, I need $100 for soccer fees at school." "Mom I need $150 transferred in my account to fix the overdrawn fees." "Mom , I need $35 for our senior lock in." "Mom , I need lunch money." "Mom, my gas light just came on and I don't have any money in my account." I finally said, "Enough Erin, do you have any idea how much money I have given you in the last two weeks?" She said, "I know me and my friends were just talking about that, the end of senior year is really expensive." I guess I should take that as a consolation prize that she actually felt bad for half a second compared with the first 18 years of her life. She borrowed money from her two older sisters for the ridiculously expensive prom dress that she picked out. I think she finally realized this bank was closed for the year.


Ryan asked me this weekend what a trophy wife was. I explained it to him and then my darling husband chimed in with, "I sure wish I had a trophy wife." Ryan said, "It's OK dad, you have one, she's just not first place." Dave said, "yeah I think I just got a participant." They are both lucky I have a good sense of humor!!

No comments: