My Blog List

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Little Shannon did a Murphy first. She passed her driving test on the first try. Sam did it in three and Lauren and Erin did it in two. Of course she did it in total Shannon fashion by passing with a mere 76. Why would we bother trying to pass a test any other way than average to below average?? Dave called Sam and Lauren and told them they could call and congratulate her but mom took her phone away because she can't seem to get the fact that we expect something other than a C from our little under achiever. I got to make my dreaded call to the insurance company to add her on to our car insurance. They still haven't called me back with our new rate, I think they may be afraid to tell me. Shannon said the driving examination lady told her that she had a heavy foot on the gas. She should have said, "Oh yeah, you should see my idiot sister Erin, she has two accidents and a ticket doing 80, it's in the genes." I am really looking forward to the peace and quiet with the girls sharing a car this summer. I am so lucky that my girls resolve every conflict quietly and respectfully. Ha Ha, in my dreams maybe.

I made a pot of spaghetti last night and Ryan and Kelsey got home from practice just as dinner was almost ready. I was on the phone and glanced over to my dinner cooking and noticed my only son covered in mud wringing his hands above my dinner and I exclaimed, "sweetheart, whatever are you doing?" OK I think it went more like, "What in the hell are you doing?, Do you have a brain?" He responded with, "My hands are cold." Well by all means warm them up above our dinner, it would be dumb to wash the mud off with warm soapy water. The heat will most likely kill the germs. It is amazing that I don't take Prozac or beat my kids.

No comments: