My Blog List

Thursday, August 19, 2010

So who knew that one little packet of mechanical pencils could turn into an all out war. I went school supply shopping last week with Ryan, Maggie and Shannon. (Kelsey wasn't home) Shannon wanted some mechanical pencils, she grabbed one and put it in the cart, I told her to grab one for Kelsey too. She noticed that it was cheaper to get the three pack so she put the other one back and grabbed the three pack. Who knew that that would be such a terrible fateful mistake. Fast forward to Sunday, I was sitting in my lawn chair minding my own business watching Maggie's soccer game. Dave handed me his phone and said, "Here I think this is for you." On the other end was an irate Kelsey, "Please tell Shannon that she doesn't get two pencils and I only get one." I said, "How many pencils can you use at one time?" She never answered the question. Finally I just told her I would buy another pack of pencils just to shut her up. A few minutes later Lauren showed up to the game with Mike. She was wearing one of Erin's shirts. I asked her if Erin knows that she forgot to bring that to college with her. Lauren smiled and said, "I doubt it, I am going to have Mike take a picture of we wearing it and send it to her on his phone." I am so glad she has matured so well. I then made the mistake of telling her about my phone call from Kelsey, I assumed she would see how ridiculous those two are, instead she said, "I am starting graduate school soon, how come you didn't buy me any mechanical pencils?"

At about this point I was thinking, "why am I a little sad about having a hysterectomy??" I may just have Dave drop me off at the hospital this afternoon and patiently wait there for my surgery in case they have any cancellations and can squeeze me in a little early. October is a long way away!! I'm not sure I can wait that long.

Monday we went from mechanical pencils to pencil cases. Kelsey has two pencil cases and won't give one to Shannon unless she coughs up the extra mechanical pencil. I am beginning to have horrible flashbacks of when those two used to share a room. Thanks to little Maggie coming along and Sam leaving for college we were able to separate them. It has been a peaceful few years. Now they get to spend time together every day riding to and from school. Shannon has already requested that I find another way for Kelsey to get to school because it "isn't really working out." Yeah well I guess you may need to find a new home as well, "It really isn't working out."

I took the yearly first day of school picture. This is Kelsey's first year at Incarnate, she said "I look like a nun." I said, "Good now remember to act like one."

No comments: