My Blog List

Monday, August 2, 2010

iam filling out thi sthing for a worrk stud job ... local mailing adress would that be liek my dorm and then permanent woul dbe like river city ... ??


This is the email that I received this morning from my college bound daughter. I am thinking of sending this to her teachers at Incarnate and demanding at least a partial refund from her 30 thousand plus education. I was talking about the email at dinner and I said, "How hard would it be for her to hit spell check?" Lauren said, "that is even worse, she usually just hits the first suggested word from spell check and you have no idea what she is talking about." Maybe I should have spent more time reading when I was pregnant with her.



I have a new passion. I joined Costco the week before the girls graduation party. I have been a half dozen times since. I don't know why I didn't do that years ago. I took Maggie with me on Friday. When I was buying milk Maggie said, "Is that milk?" (It is shaped a little weird at Costco.) I said, "Yeah why. " She said, I saw that in our fridge and I didn't know what it was so I haven't had cereal all week." I asked if she thought about maybe reading the label??? She said, "I don't really like to read in the summer." Yeah MILK that is really a tough word. She has been hanging out with Erin a little too much.

I took Erin dorm room shopping this weekend. The first part of our morning was a wild goose chase. We weren't having any luck. I found a penny on heads in a parking lot and then Jessie's girl came on the radio. I told Erin that had to be an omen that we would find the sheets that she wanted and have a great day. My gas light was on so I headed to QT to fill up. I swiped my card and it said, Mag strip not read, see attendant. I went inside and they swiped my card told me to fill up and come back and sign when I was done. What a pain, I went back inside after filling my 30 gallon tank and was ready to head out and get her dorm room stuff bought. I turned the key and nothing..... Aghhhhhh I am getting really tired of car trouble. I called Dave asked him to come get us. I had just added towing coverage to my car insurance so I called a tow truck. Erin was throwing a fit because I was putting a damper in her day. I called grandma and asked her to come get us while Dave waited for the tow truck so the princess wasn't inconvenienced. So much for lucky pennies and teen idols!!

Lauren moved back home today, she called me at work three times. Once to ask me if she bought meat for her and Mike would I cook it, and once to ask me to tell Shannon to clean the bathroom and once to tell me she found three shirts of hers in Erin's suitcase for college. I asked why she couldn't ask Shannon to clean the bathroom herself? She said, she is so lazy she is watching One Tree Hill and as soon as that was over she got on Facebook. Why do they think I pick up extra hours in the summer?? She had Ryan and Maggie help her move out of her apartment and load and unload all of her stuff. She bought them Burger King and a candy bar. She got off pretty cheap and Maggie feels like she won the lottery.

No comments: