My Blog List

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dave and I had to go to the funeral home last night and Maggie informed us that she has a big project due on Wednesday on Chameleons. She needs to write a report, site two websites and use three books on chameleons and then make a chameleon habitat. Oh is that all??? I was waiting for her to tell me she needed 7 dozen cupcakes and a chameleon costume as well. Unfortunately for Maggie, we weren't going to be able to take her to the library so she was stuck with Shannon. Now sweet little Shannon was not too keen on going to the library, her direct quote was "I am not taking her, I HATE the library." Hate is such a strong word.

We of course said, "too bad, you are our only option. She made Kelsey go with her so she could do all the talking and ask the librarian where one might find books on Chameleons. After all if Shannon had to ask her, it could be mortifying. We got home a little after 8, Maggie was proudly displaying all of her Chameleon books....she is now an expert and wants to get a Chameleon for a pet. Do I need to remind her that we just murdered 12 innocent little goldfish in less than 10 days??? I will swing by Michael's on my way home from work to grab some stuff to make an awesome Chameleon habitat. It's a good thing I work well under pressure.

Dave and I decided to go to lunch today. We are both trying to eat healthier and I am getting tired of Subway. I suggested Bread Company because I like their whole grain bread. Now my dear sweet husband has a hard time going outside his comfort zone. I knew Bread Co would be tough on him but thought we could try and give it a go. When he picked me up he went the wrong way and was less than patient trying to figure out the best route he should now go. I explained to him that if we were on a first date that I would go home and call all my girlfriends to tell them what a jerk he was and how there was no way that I would ever go out with him again!! He said "Oh yeah if this was our first date I would probably kick you out of the car on this off ramp and push you down the snowy hill and leave you for dead." It's a good thing it wasn't our first date or I wouldn't get the chance to make such an awesome Chameleon habitat on a moments notice.

We got to Bread Co and I ordered my food without any problems, Smoked Turkey on Whole Grain Bread, light mayo with salt and pepper....pretty simple. Then came Dave's turn, I said "Do you need help with your order?" Now I know from experience that choices turn crazy quirky Dave Murphy in to a total tail spin. He said, "No, I'll take the Asiago Roast Beef sandwich that he saw on the menu board. We both got water, he about had a heart attack when he saw the size of the cup. He compared it to the spit cup at the dentist. Our food was ready and he was not too happy when he saw his sandwich. He said, "My bread is hard as a rock and this sandwich is too small." I asked him why he didn't order what he liked, a ham sandwich on Whole grain? His response was somewhat of a 30 minute rant on how the people at Bread Co are all part of a secret society that are privy to menu items that aren't listed on the menu boards. The rest of the people are forced to eat hard bread and drink out of dentist office spit cups. I thought Shannon was weird because the library stressed her out but now I'm thinking that the little red head is a chip off the old block of Asiago Cheese!! Is it too late for an annulment????

No comments: