My Blog List

Friday, January 7, 2011

Erin and Shannon are speaking again....not so sure about Erin and Lauren, I am sure they will make up before Sunday so Erin can borrow all her clothes to take back to Alabama.

Ryan's 12th birthday was Monday. Maggie won $93 at our family Christmas party playing the game Right, Left, Center. She used her own money to buy Ryan a little fish tank with 12 goldfish. She bought the fish Sunday night, by Monday after school 2 were dead, Tuesday we lost 3 more. Wednesday was a good day and Thursday night 3 more went to their final resting place. So now we have four fish. I have a feeling that soon Ryan will be looking at a big tank of water.....t is the thought that counts. The good news is she has enough money to restock the fish all year.

I got an email today from my I Tunes account that was a receipt for my order "Top Shelf Drinks" age 17 +. I called Lauren to see if she ever heard of the song "Top Shelf Drinks", I figured Shannon downloaded some dumb rap song with offensive language. Lauren said, "Oh no, that is a new App I got for my I Phone, it tells you what the ingredients are, and calorie content for mixed drinks. I figured it would come in handy at the bar. Again.......they have wine at church. Where did I go wrong????

I am back on my diet again for the new year, so far so good. I am down 6 pounds, I am however ready to eat my own arm. I may even eat one of Erin's special saliva pinini's. Dave called me yesterday at work and wanted to take me to dinner, he said, "Punkin, I have a few restaurant gift cards, do you want to go to dinner?" Does he not remember the Dorito incident?? Last time I was dieting he brought a bowl of Doritos to bed to snack on while watching TV. I think he is trying to sabotage me. I do not want to go to dinner, nor do I want to be around delicious snack foods. Last night he came to bed chewing. I explained that all scrumptious food needed to be consumed, chewed AND swallowed before coming to bed.

We were talking to Shannon about colleges last night. She wants to go away and doesn't like any of the schools that we suggest. What do we know?? One school we suggested (the neighborhood isn't the greatest) she said, "Like I want to get shot every day for four years." Dave said, "Shannon, if you got shot every day for four years, you would be famous. That is like over 1200 gunshot wounds. You would be on the news all bandaged up." Erin said, "yeah, hopefully they use suntan colored band aids, that would look great on you." Shannon is my fair skinned baby, suntan band aids are quite the color contrast. It is tough growing up in the Murphy house. We are trying to find some type of service opportunity for Shannon so she could serve the community........or to fluff up her sparse college resume, WHATEVER. She is not real keen on serving the community. She is looking for something where she can lay on the couch ant text. Hopefully an opportunity lands in her lap soon.

No comments: