My Blog List

Friday, April 15, 2011

I survived the half marathon!!!! Yeah hooray, 2 miles into the race I thought to myself, "What in the hell am I doing?" I hate running, I barely trained and I have 11 more miles to go. I had problems with my shoes early on and got huge blisters on the balls of my feet. I normally run the first 7 or 8 miles and run/walk the rest. This time I had to walk most of it. It took my 3 hours but I finished. I was just happy to be done. I was really looking forward to taking off my shoes and pampering my feet for the rest of the day. I went to go meet the rest of the family after the race. Sam, Kelsey, and Lauren looked happy to finally see me. My one and only was sitting on a curb looking a little.....ok a lot pale!! He just sat there with his head down, I asked him if he was OK and he said no. I asked if he had chest pain and he said NO. Thank God it was just light headedness and heat exhaustion.... that I can deal with. We took a few pictures and then Dave said, I got to go, I'm really sick. We got to the metro link station and Dave was sitting down on the ground. I asked Kelsey to please sprint to a seat once the train arrived so her father could sit down. We were just one stop from our train stop when Dave emptied the contents of his stomach into his half marathon goody bag which doubles as a barf bag. The train was really quiet when he puked so it was a little embarrassing, Dave said the worst part was having to carry his bag of puke out of the train. He looked so sad!!! When we got home he got on the scale, he had lost 7 lbs during the race, I of course lost .05 and I think the .05 I lost was all skin from the bottom of my feet. The next day I could barely walk my legs were so tired. All i wanted to do was soak in my big garden tub. Shannon decided to shave a years worth of hair off her legs with conditioner in my bathtub. It was so slippery I almost drowned three times. I could not hold myself up with my blistered feet so I decided to give up and crawl out so I no longer had to tread water with my sore muscles. Kelsey had a great week, she won class president and finished her race in under 2 hours again. To top it all off on Monday the Varsity coach asked her to come practice with the Varsity squad and play with them this weekend in a tournament. She is on cloud nine. Shannon decided to try out for cheerleading after all for her Senior year. I am on cloud nine...that is until I need to write out the check for next year. I talked to Erin yesterday, she was having trouble registering for her summer classes. She said, "I'll figure it out later mom, I'm on my way to the beach." I have a feeling she may not "figure it out" but her tan will be amazing.

No comments: