My Blog List

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kelsey is running for Sophomore class president. She was searching for campaign slogans last night on the Internet. some of the cuter ones she found were; Free Drinks On Me, Vote for Kelsey (hung up above all the water fountains) Vote for me and win a free trip to Disney. (Free trip to Disney not included.) etc etc, Shannon isn't exactly positive Polly, every time Kelsey asks if she likes a slogan, she looks at her as if she just killed someone. If Kelsey can still be positive after running her ideas by her negative sister with her self esteem in tact she should do great!!! The girls had to sell raffle tickets as a fund raiser for their school auction. Normally I will buy whatever they have left, provided that they make an effort. Apparently they felt that laying on the couch watching TV, willing the tickets to be sold constituted real effort. If they don't sell their quota of tickets, they have to go to school and do a packet of work while the rest of the kids that sold their tickets get a day off. Shannon is a little upset that I will not call school that morning and tell them that she and Kelsey are sick. She can not understand what the problem is, she will still do the packet of work that is required but she doesn't feel the need to show up on that day. I believe her direct quote was "All the good mom's would call school and say their kid was sick." Yeah well, I never was a "good" mom. Erin called me today and asked if I would check her bank account and see if she is negative. She picked up her dry cleaning and it cost a little more than she expected. She borrowed a dress from a friend to wear to a fraternity dance a t a yacht club on Saturday. She wasn't quite sure what to wear to a Yacht club. She called me for advice, I just laughed. VFW dance, I can help you out with but Yacht club is a bit out of reach. Anywhoo, she spilled a drink on the dress and had to have it dry cleaned. I'm sure it was soda or punch, knowing my sweet little Erin. I checked her account and told her she was negative .36. She said, Ohhh can I please borrow 36 cents??? I transferred $20 in her account. She said, "I am starting to freak out, how will I survive the rest of the month??" She has an unlimited meal plan and no car so she really doesn't need any money. She said, "Mom I don't even have any eyeliner, that is a necessity." I told her that she now has $19.64 in her account to go ahead and buy 2 eyeliners and she will still have a little change in her pocket.

No comments: