My Blog List

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

We had a nice Easter, we missed our little beach bum Erin but we had a nice day. Kelsey had an epiphany in the car on the way to church. She said "Did you ever notice that our grades in school all reflect our bra cup size?" We all busted out laughing, Sam A, Lauren B or C, Erin A, Shannon D, Kelsey A and Maggie doesn't count but looks like she may be a C cup if Kelsey's theory holds true.

We got to church 40 minutes early and Sam and Lauren both rolled in 5 minutes before mass began and had a seat thanks to us for getting there so early to save them seats. After communion I gave Sam and Shannon the "look" they were chatting away as if they were anywhere. Sam said "Sorry mom, we were talking about Jesus." Yeah right!!

Erin called to say hi and we told her about Kelsey's bra cup theory. She let us know that she intends to let all of her grades slip away next year. She would prefer bigger boobs!!

Monday the kids were off school. Kelsey got pulled up to practice with Varsity. Shannon had to pick her up after practice. I was at work when I got a text from Kelsey that said. "I hate Shannon, she won't bring me home, she is making me shop with her and I feel like I am going to throw up." I texted her back to go sit in the car. She responded with, "She won't let me she said she needs my opinion when she tries on swim suits." I thought Erin was my only bully...looks like she has a little prodigy. Kelsey asked her if they could go to McDonalds she was hungry and she had a dollar. Shannon of course said "NO"

Shannon later changed her mind because she was now hungry and they went to McDonalds. Let me preface this story with the fact that Dave had just filled up Shannon's gas tank and we transfer money in to her checking account all the time. Kelsey ordered 2 double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu, Shannon said "2, do you have any money?? I can't believe you have the nerve to order 2 Double Cheeseburgers? Did you expect me to pay for your food? You can have one and give me your dollar." I can't help but be reminded of the comment on the back of Shannon's report card from her first grade teacher. I still remember it word for word. "Shannon is the happiest, most well rounded student that I have ever taught." Dave and I have been laughing about that comment for 11 years. What planet was that teacher from??? Was she part of the Taliban???

I posted some of our Easter pictures on Facebook. Lauren called me and said, I was just looking at our family pictures and "We are gorgeous." Well now, someone I know does not have self esteem issues. Maybe she can bring back the Don't hate me because I am beautiful shampoo ad campaign???

My husband has finally learned how to cook. He asked me to show him how to make oatmeal (not instant) now that he is on a health kick. All week he has been making his own breakfast. Every day he tells me how he cuts strawberries, sprinkles some craisins and walnuts and how he may try a little brown sugar next time. We went out to dinner on Saturday and I had to finally tell him, "Dave can we please quit discussing oatmeal?" "I am so tired of discussing oatmeal it isn't funny." He gets quirkier and quirkier every day. On Easter while I was making brunch,his sister grabbed the strawberries out of the fridge and he nearly had a heart attack worrying that he wouldn't have enough for his oatmeal in the morning. Sometimes I really think I may be in purgatory!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

update your blog!!!!!!!!!!!