My Blog List

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I woke up yesterday to the sound of Shannon's pleasant voice screaming. "Pick up my lunch." From what I gathered in the few seconds that I had to process the situation....Shannon must have dropped her lunch and she was demanding that Kelsey pick it up for her. I accessed the situation and decided that it would be best for me to stay in bed, pretend that I was still asleep and just say a quick prayer for Kelsey.


I took Erin and Lauren to lunch to celebrate Erin's birthday. They both heard the "Pick up my lunch" outburst this morning as well. I love how the whole family jumped to Kelsey's rescue. Lauren told me that Shannon had tried to wake her up to move her car and she wasn't budging. That may have been the first thing to light my little red heads fuse. We have all learned it is best to let crazy Shannon vent and just stay out of her way.

When she got home from school I asked her why she was such a raging lunatic this morning. Her story went kind of like this; "We were running late and I asked Kelsey to see who's car was parked behind me and she said, "Lauren's." I asked Lauren to move it and it and she wouldn't. Turns out, Kelsey is so stupid it wasn't even Lauren's car it was yours." Then she was wasting time looking in the mirror instead of helping me find my keys. I dropped my lunch and asked her to pick it up because she was wasting time looking in the mirror obviously because she is so stupid. It's not my fault that she is so stupid"


Kelsey's version, "I heard Dad leave this morning and when I heard his car start I thought that maybe he went outside to start our car so it would be warm. Shanon asked me to help find her keys....I started to walk towards the front door to see if her car was running. She accused me of wasting time and looking in the mirror when I was just headed to look outside to see if her keys were in the ignition. Then she made me pick up her lunch. She is psycho, I hate her."

It looks like everyone in the Murphy house has the Christmas spirit. Fa, La, La La La La La LA La.



Speaking of lunch, Maggie forgot her lunch that morning. I got a note from the cafeteria manager that stated that my child showed up without a lunch or money. She was given a cheese sandwich and white milk. I owe them $1.75 for the stale bread with cheese. The letter also stated that if my family was having financial hardships that I should please contact the church and they will refer me to the proper agencies to help. It also stated that they post lunch card balances every Thursday. Oh I'm sorry...I didn't check my lunch card balance first thing this morning? What was I thinking, that IS the most important thing that a working mother of seven has to do less than two weeks before Christmas.



I responded with, "Thank you for the compassion, shove your cheese sandwich up your ass, she didn't eat it anyway." (Or I quietly sent in a check) Are you kidding me, one forgotten lunch and they are ready to refer me to outside agencies?? Did they not realize that the whole house spent their morning on lock down with a crazy red headed lunatic on the rampage? No wonder Maggie forgot her lunch....she was afraid to get out of bed. If you want to refer me to an outside agency....How about Homeland Security? I am living with a terrorist.

No comments: