My Blog List

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Girls Weekend 2011

















Some of my favorite people!




This weekend was a highly anticipated girls weekend with three of my oldest friends. We were headed to Kansas City to see Rick Springfield. We checked in to our hotel around 4:00 pm and started getting ready. My three friends all shared an apartment together in 1990. I spent a ton of time over there on the weekends. It was so much fun getting ready together, just like the old days. We used to wear tight Jordache jeans and stilettos. Sebastion spritz hairspray was used to cement our big hair into place.





We have replaced the hairspray with smoothing serum and flat irons. Gone are the Jordache jeans and stilettos. Now we wear mom jeans with spanks underneath and slippers that look like shoes...well not all of us, just one of us wore slippers (sorry Rhonda). I do have to admit that I did offer her $100 for her slippers at one point during the evening. I wore spiky heels to try to make myself look thinner. Once I saw the pictures I decided that they didn't make me look any thinner, but they did make me feel ancient when 5 minutes into the evening I was super jealous of Rhonda's slipper boots.




We had great seats at the concert, 3rd row center. The warm up band was called Drew6, the lead singer's name was Drew and they had 5 people in the band. They were pretty good but not too good at math. Rick was amazing as usual, he did not seek me out and ask me to run away with him. He is so shy, I know he was thinking it. I guess he will just have to wait to ask me until the next time he sees me.




We headed over to the KC Light District to have a few more cocktails. The evening became a little fuzzy from then on. I do know that a mechanical bull was involved and Rhonda aka slipper lady landed on me and snapped my neck a bit. The video clearly shows me holding her waist so tight that I actually pulled her off the bull right on top of me. We did sign a waiver first on an IPad. We typed our own names, we were a little unsteady at this point and I believe our waivers may have been under volkern and Rghoma instead of Colleen and Rhonda. I think I found a loophole for my neck injury lawsuit.




I learned who my real friends were this weekend. I got a little sick this morning. I never was a very good drinker and very rarely drink. My friends were all sleeping when I began dry heaving in the bathroom. Carrie jumped out of bed, found a clip to pull my hair back and got me a bottled water. Rhonda and Katie jumped out of bed as quick as they could to find the camera and the video setting on their phones.




We shared a ton of laughs and some of us, not mentioning who, but some of us got our money's worth out of our poise pads this weekend. I am so lucky to have such great friends. They don't have the same obsession with Rick Springfield as I do. They set time aside just for me. I am truly blessed. We have added a million more inside jokes to our high school vault of inside jokes. I can't remember a time that I have laughed so hard in a long time. Between the four of us we have 20 kids and 1 grandchild. Getting away for a weekend isn't easy. Without our wonderful husbands at home taking care of all our kids schedules and sporting events it would not have been possible.


I did get a lecture from Lauren the professional drinker on how it is not necessary to drink to have a good time and that there is absolutely no excuse to get myself in that kind of shape. I think she has my mom lecture quoted verbatim. At least she has heard me all these years, even if she hasn't always listened.





















No comments: