My Blog List

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Yesterday was senior day for Sam's school. The parents walk on the field when their daughter is announced so the school can recognize their seniors. Our lovely daughter told us that they were doing this at half time. She called me an hour before the game and told me they were actually doing it 20 minutes prior to the game, not at half time. Luckily I was close to home when she called, I called Dave and he was actually the car ahead of me headed for home. We flew in the house, grabbed some warm clothes, grabbed some nicer clothes to wear to dinner with the parents and Seniors, I wasn't sure what time we were having dinner and I could wager a pretty good guess that my darling daughter had no clue. Sam called when we were about five minutes away and said, "My coach said they want to start in about 20 seconds, where are you?" We drove passed Lauren out for a run, she goes to the college down the street from Sam and gave her a quick honk and wave. Dave screeched into the parking lot and dropped me off while he parked. I sprinted to the field like OJ trying to catch a plane and made it just in time to see the other parents lined up with bouquets of flowers. I felt like the little drummer boy. I have no gift to bring pa rum pum pum pum...... I cleaned out my checking account for dinner tonight pa rum pum pum pum.... Lucky for us her room mate's mom didn't bring flowers either, although she was on time.

After the game we met up with Lauren for lunch. Sam wanted to stay and watch the men's game instead of going to lunch. Lauren jumped on the gravy train as soon as she saw us and called requesting a free lunch. Of course she waited patiently in her warm dorm room instead of showing support for her big sister on the ice cold metal bleachers with us. After lunch we had to run by Schnucks so I could buy her toilet paper and tooth paste, (she normally just steals mine) we went back to Lauren's dorm to get ready and hang out until it was time for dinner. It was nice getting ready there, I got to use all my favorite eye shadow colors that have mysteriously disappeared this semester. Dave was even able to get some of his black dress socks back. If only I could run to Kansas City to grab the deodorant that Shannon stole to cheer for her high school volleyball team at the state tournament. Earlier I just dug my fingernail into the empty deodorant on my counter and smeared it on that way. My life is so glamorous. Sam called and wondered why we were sitting in Lauren's small dorm instead of hanging out in her apartment. I said "trust me, your sister is trying to throw us out because we keep finding our stuff, but we are ignoring her." We went to Sam's and then left for dinner. We had a really nice time. Today we get to go to pizza street with Maggie's soccer team. Pizza street is one of those places that I would rather put a hot poker in my eye instead of attending. The sacrifices that I make for my children are overwhelming. Oh well at least my deodorant is back from Kansas City today. It's the small things in life that make me happy!!!!

No comments: