My Blog List

Monday, November 3, 2008

We won another costume contest on Saturday. I think Dave is starting to enjoy his cheer leading shorts a little too much!! Kelsey was in a tournament in Illinois and had a 7:00 AM game on Sunday. Of course Dave took her instead of me, 7:00 is way before my time. Dave got lost and they drove around the state of Illinois a few times and stopped at several gas stations before they actually found the field. He had to work selling T-shirts from 11:00-3:30. I woke up with a pounding headache. I didn't drink at all at the party so I had no good excuse for such a bad headache. I took a few Advil and pulled myself together for noon mass. I took it easy the rest of the afternoon and laid on the couch. Dave got home a little after 4:00 I felt sorry for him for being stuck at the tournament all day so I told him I would pick Shannon up at 5:00. Normally if he is home, I send him. I do nothing but drive carpools Mon-Fri, if he is home, it's his turn. When it was time to leave I suggested, "why don't we both go." That way we could have "date night" It only took about ten minutes to realize that I made a bad decision. As soon as we hit the highway, I started feeling terrible. When we got to Shannon's school (40 minutes away) I asked "Do I feel clammy? He felt my forehead and said "yeah, what is clammy, anyway?" The girls got in the car (we bring another girl that lives by us home)and I just hoped that I would make it home. We were on the road a few minutes when luckily I found an empty Doritos bag at my feet to throw up in. I threw up four times while listening to shrieking from the backseat. They all quickly rolled down the windows to get some fresh air. I apologized to the girls and felt like a complete idiot. Shannon's friend was texting from the backseat, I can only assume that I was the subject of her texting. A while later Shannon asked "are you making dinner?" I said "yeah Shannon, I am holding a bag of vomit in a Doritos bag and thinking about what would be good to whip up for a Sunday dinner." She said "I am in the mood for pizza." I said, "how convenient, I had pizza for lunch and offered her the Doritos bag." Dave dropped me off before he brought Shannon's friend Katherine home. I think they wanted me out of the car. I didn't mention to anyone about the bladder issues when a mother of seven vomits. I told Erin what happened when I got home, her first response was "Where there any Doritos in the bag?" (food is always her first priority) Next she said, "wow, I feel bad for you but I feel really bad for Katherine." I took a bath and went straight to bed. Dave got the kids ready for school for me today ( scary) Once they were ready, he left for work, the kids were waiting for their ride and I heard Maggie say, "is anyone going to brush my hair today?" Thank God I have good ears, I drug myself out of bed, brushed her hair and gave her a head band. I doubt her and Ryan brushed their teeth because Dave just assumes that those type of things take care of themselves. I had a job interview today and luckily I felt better by this afternoon. The interview went well and I should hear something by next week. I interviewed with two women, one was local and another was from the home office in Texas. They both shook my hand when I arrived and when the interview was over. It's only a matter of time before they are searching for a barf bag. Hopefully they won't be able to trace it back to me!!

No comments: