My Blog List

Tuesday, May 11, 2010




I taped the kids in the kitchen without them knowing. My family really LOVES each other. Is it really this hard just to light birthday candles???



Maggie's birthday was yesterday. Lauren and Erin decided to surprise her and go up to school to give her 9 obnoxiously big balloons. Of course that meant I had to leave work early in order to fit carpool as well as the balloons in the car. Grandmas Toyota wouldn't cut it. When I got home Lauren told me that her and Erin were discussing what Maggie would think when she saw them at school. Lauren told me Erin suggested they tell her that Seamus died as a joke. Lauren was really proud of herself that she talked her out of it. She said, "I would have went along with it, if it wasn't her birthday." Should I be comforted by that??? What am I raising??
Maggie wanted a new bike for her birthday. Dave was less than pleased. That is the last thing we need, another bike in the garage. We have tried to sell them in garage sales, give them away and even throw them away and no takers. Even the trash men wouldn't take one of our old bikes.
Ryan was in a tournament Sunday and we didn't get home until after 8. We stopped at McDonald's on the way home to get some dinner. Erin called and wanted to know when we were coming home, she was starving. I told her it was after 7 and she should have already made herself something to eat and I was not bringing her food home, we are not made of money. A few seconds later Kelsey called and said she was hungry and Erin told her she wasn't allowed to take no for an answer. A few minutes later she sent a text that said, 3 double cheeseburgers, hold the onions and three fries. She texted her father because she knows he won't say no. Unfortunately for her, her father can never keep track of his own stuff so I had his phone. I texted her back and said "nice try."


Dave and I dropped off the kids AND the three double cheeseburgers with no onions and three fries and headed to Wal Mart on a bike quest. We finally found one at the third Wal Mart. Dave decided we should go with the more expensive bike and just not get a helmet. Brilliant Dave, now when she gets in a bike accident, she can wear a hockey helmet to school. Anything to save a buck!!

Erin called me today and told me she absolutely had to get new shoes for graduation. She was all prepared to wear her white Steve Madden sandals and she found out at school today that they aren't allowed to wear sandals. She has no other choice but to buy new shoes. The 27 pair of white shoes in the closet will never work. She said she tried on her cap and gown and her gown is so long that she just has to have new white shoes so it looks OK. I gave her my credit card but I should have just offered to hem her gown instead. I'm sure that would have went over well.

No comments: