My Blog List

Friday, May 28, 2010

We had the last Murphy graduation of the year last night. Kelsey looked really pretty. I will post pictures of all of my graduates on my next post. I took a half day off so I could fix Kelsey's hair. I got home and she was nowhere to be found. She was supposed to have her hair washed, blow dried and straightened ready for me to go. Lauren came home and took her to go get a pedicure and Lauren got a facial. Shannon had taken her the day before to get nail tips, I was amazed that Shannon would be so generous. She is the type of kid that would let you die of thirst in a desert if she had a whole well full of water because she might need the water for herself someday. I found out later that Shannon actually owed Kelsey 20 so she was just paying for her to get her nails done instead of coughing up the cash. The nails were 22 and I am sure she will hold Kelsey to the $2 plus tip, I knew there was a catch.

Lauren was home laying out on the deck in Erin's favorite swimming suit and Shannon was home as well. Sounds like a fun day with mom and her 4 babies, ha ha. Lauren and Erin got in a big fight and started screaming at each other. Somehow it was all my fault. Lauren is mad because me and Dave give Erin money all the time and she gets away with more than she did when she was her age. Erin explained that we only give her money for gas and Lauren insisted that is not true, we bought her new shoes for graduation. Erin said, "why does that bother you? Me getting shoes shouldn't effect you." Then Shannon said "yeah I never get shoes come to think of it, no one buys me anything." All during this little squabble I just sat on the couch quiet wondering how I got thrown under the bus today, maybe I should just go back to work. After a while I just went downstairs to check my email and let them fight it out and hash out how mom likes you best theory.

A while later Lauren came downstairs crying, Erin hit her with a skirt hanger because she wouldn't get out of her bed or take of her bikini. Somehow this was all my fault!!! I talked to Erin and explained that it is not OK to hit her sister with a skirt hanger. Why am I having this conversation with kids who are old enough to vote. Does this explain why we have complete idiots for elected officials?? The average voter just finished beating their sibling with a skirt hanger before they cast their vote to save the world??

I finished Kelsey's hair and make up and she looked beautiful. Erin and Shannon were fighting over who got to wear a green dress that was in their closet. Erin found it and tried it on the night before and thought she should get to wear it and Shannon thought she got dibs because she borrowed it from her friend last summer and never gave it back. I thought, Ok this dress is technically stolen since you never returned it so maybe we should go drop it off to it's rightful owner. Joan Crawford/AKA Erin backed off and let Shannon wear the dress.

Lauren emerged from the shower with tear stained cheeks because her face was sensitive from the facial. Hopefully that will fade and not match the welt on her leg. This is going to be a long summer!!

No comments: