My Blog List

Friday, September 10, 2010

I took on more hours at work and I am officially full time. My mental status is officially the equivalent of a chicken with it's head cut off. I start my day off every morning by banging the coffee filter basket on the side of the trash can, this serves two purposes, number 1 it gets rid of the bulk of the old coffee grounds so I no longer stop up the garbage disposal at my husbands request and number 2, it wakes princess Lauren up when she is trying to sleep in. I then go in my room to try and find something that will fit my fat body now that I gained 20 lbs of my 40lb weight loss back. Apparently when I do this, I bang the dresser handles so hard that they wiggle back and forth making a horrible noise that wakes my "I never get "good" sleep husband." You would think that considering Lauren and Dave are now awake due to my stomping, coffee filter banging and dresser handle jiggling that they may just get up and help with a kid or two. No such luck, they normally just go back to sleep. How they sleep through the always hostile environment of Shannon and Kelsey is beyond me. It is best if Kelsey avoids all eye contact with Shannon much less any words. I sometimes work as the hostage negotiater if Kelsey has a question.

Kelsey went with me to Ryan's game earlier in the week. After the game she told Ryan that he played really good. She hasn't seen him play in a few years. He said "Kelsey that just made you move up about four notches in the favorite sister scale." It won't last, she will be right back down to number 5 or 6 in no time.

Kelsey is going to her first homecoming dance soon. She was trying on dresses last night. My friend Kelly came over with her daughter who is the same age and she wanted my opinion on a couple dresses that she had bought. Kelsey looked really cute in one of Shannon's old ones but of course she wants a new one. She tried on one of the dresses that Kelly brought over and when she came in the room with it on Maggie blurted out, "Oh my God you look like a skinny freak!" I'm glad that Maggie is finally coming around to the dark side like the rest of the Murphy's. I knew her sweetness would be short lived. Nothing like making your big sister feel bad about herself when she already feels like a gawky awkward teenager.

One day this week when I was at work. I was up on the psych ward and I got stuck between a set of locked double doors. There was a Dr. coming in as I was leaving and I guess he thought I looked normal because he didn't stop me. The next set of doors wouldn't open and my badge wouldn't work. I was stuck,I thought about just asking for a pillow and a blanket and staying for a while. The psych ward is much more sane than the Murphy house!!!

Dave has an eye infection and thinks that he may be dying. I am surprised that he didn't call 911 when he woke up with blood shot eyes. He went to the Dr and is already better, I think it was a Miracle!!! Erin is loving college, she has been to the beach twice. I have no idea what her grades are like but she is maintaining her tan. I reminded her to wear a hat at the beach, she is supposed to keep her scars on her scalp covered from the sun at all times. She told me she didn't wear one because she wanted her hair to get blonder. Yeah that's a smart move. Speaking of smart moves, grandma cleaned out her closet after she left and found beer stuffed inside of soccer socks. Of course grandma didn't say a word, she would never throw the golden child with the awesome tan under the bus. One of her sisters was more than happy to throw her under the bus. I love being a mom, I wish I would have had a few more!!!!

No comments: