My Blog List

Monday, November 28, 2011

Everyone was home for Thanksgiving, we actually had less fights than I anticipated. Primarily because Erin slept the whole time she was here. I am so glad she came to town for the holiday, I really enjoyed watching her sleep. When I asked her why she sleeps for 22 hours a day, she responded with, "I can't help it, this house just sucks the life out of me. I actually have a hard time breathing when I am home." Always quick on my feet I let her know that I always have a hard time breathing too,when I click the transfer button on her bank account.

I stayed up talking to my sisters until 4:30 AM the night before Thanksgiving. They didn't get to my house until after midnight. I got up early to get the turkey in the oven. I am used to doing most of the cooking but you would think that one of the perks of having 6 daughters would be having a little help in the kitchen. I made twice baked potatoes and asked Lauren if she could spoon the potatoe mixture in the shells for me? She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Why can't you do it? You already have the spoon in your hand." Its a good thing it wasn't a knife in my hand.
They did do the dishes for me so at least the day wasn't a total wash.

I received an email from Kenzie from Nordstrom letting me know that Lauren was in the store and was eyeballing some animal print boot liners that go with her new boots. She even attached a link to the boot liners so I could check them out and purchase them. I replied; Dear Kenzie, Lauren was born with a plastic spoon in her mouth......not silver. We have plenty of boot liners here at home. They are called socks. Thanks for the email!

1 comment:

Emily G said...

Oh.My.Gosh. You are so funny!! Lauren born with a plastic spoon...who told her it was silver? That's her lifestyle...too much!