My Blog List

Tuesday, September 2, 2008




I was hanging out with my good buddies John and Sarah this weekend. They came to the ballpark by my house. I decided to skip Kelsey's game and head up to the rally. I am glad that I went. I am even more glad that I decided to leave my kids at home. Three hours of whiny kids would have been a little more than I could take.


Things are getting back to normal at home. I am out of the fetal position, that's a plus. Another one of my co workers called me today, she got laid off this morning. She only works Mon-Wed so she wasn't there to share in the joy on Thursday with me. I have a few job leads already and I have decided to use this time to get some things done. For example; I cleaned my toilets and got rid of all my skinny clothes that will never fit me again. It was tough staying out of the fetal position when I filled up a large trash bag full of size 2's and 4's.


Kelsey had a game tonight so I had grandma bring Maggie to her soccer practice. Grandma stayed in her car reading a book, Maggie decided to stay after practice and work out with the next group. (the same coach) Grandma got out of the car looking for her and finally found her when she noticed two little girls with a number 10 on their back. Grandma asked "Maggie, why didn't you come to the car?" Her response was "please don't tell mom grandma, she will put it on the blog." Aw come on Maggie, give me a little credit, I would never do that to you sweetheart!!!

When I got home tonight Ryan had the buzz book out calling his buddies looking for an English book that he could borrow so he could do his homework, he left his at school. He had to do 12 questions. One by one his friends told him "sorry Ryan, I finished mine at school." By the fifth phone call I was beginning to wonder why my son didn't finish his at school. Of course he had a perfectly logical explanation "I couldn't find a pencil and it took me half of the class to find one." I said "well then you probably only have a few questions to finish up right?" "Umm, I think I finished one or two." We called a few more responsible, focused little boys and decided to call it a night and get to school early. I put 6 sharpened pencils in his backpack and threatened him within an inch of his life, gave him a good night kiss and sent him off to bed. My mothering skills never cease to amaze me.

No comments: