My Blog List

Monday, September 22, 2008



What a crazy weekend I had!!! Friday was my birthday, I won concert tickets on the radio in the morning. I had been trying all week. The love of my life, Rick Springfield is coming to town on Oct 3rd. I already have tickets (eighth row) but the radio station has added a private concert at a bar and the only way to get tickets is to win them. Well for anyone who knows me they know that I would do just about anything to get close to my teenage idol. To make a long story short, I won tickets by guessing the next line of one of his songs. They even made me sing it after I said it. I wouldn't sing on the radio for anyone other than Rick. I also get two more tickets to the concert, I hope the seats are closer than eighth row!!! Now anyone that heard me on the radio knows what a complete freak I am when it comes to Rick. My family and friends already know that I have lost my mind, thank God they only use first names on the radio.

Shannon had homecoming on Friday, she looked very pretty. I wish her disposition matched her appearance. I told her to wash and blow dry her hair so I could start working on styling it. Lauren told me she was sitting on my bed blow drying her legs instead of her hair because she was cold. She finally went out on the deck and fell asleep in the sun trying to let her hair dry . When I woke her up her hair looked as if she had spent six months living in a cave. Erin pointed out that this years homecoming theme was "Welcome To The Jungle." I guess she would fit in great then. She told all of us how much she hated us and finally settled down enough for me to start the two hour process of straightening her hair. Lucky for her I was still in a good mood from winning my concert tickets so I didn't kill her.

Erin decorated her car for homecoming, she had different color window paint on all of the windows including the back window and windshield. One of the things she wrote was BAMF, apparently it is initials that stand for Bad Ass Mother..... well you know the rest. Lauren is the one who snitched on her and told me what it meant. Thank God for older siblings, I was clueless. I explained to little Sybil how that was totally unacceptable not to mention trashy and by no means was that any way for a lady to act.

Dave and I were at two different soccer games on Sunday, he had his company car at home which he isn't supposed to drive for personal use so he took Lauren's. Erin took grandma's car to work because she left her keys at her friends house and I had her extra set with me at church when she left. Shannon called and needed a ride home. Dave and I were too far away. I called grandma and asked her if she could take Erin's car to pick up Shannon, I left the keys on the table after church. I wish I could have seen my 70 year old mother driving a car that said Bad Ass Mother..... on the window. I bet she looked so cute the kids might be getting a new grandpa soon!!!

No comments: