My Blog List

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Today was the day that we were supposed to get to school early so Ryan could finish his homework. Dave woke me up at 5:15 , I normally go up to the track by my house with Kelsey at 5:30 so she can run sprints. I don't want her going by herself so I drag my fat butt out of bed to go with her, it's a good day when I only get lapped twice. Anyway, this morning when Dave woke me up I mumbled something along the lines of "shut up and leave me alone, today is picture day, Kelsey isn't running today." The next thing I knew it was 7:30, school starts at 7:50 and I drive two other kids to school. I quickly woke everyone up and decided to take my carpool and come back for my kids. I threw on some shorts and hopped in the car braless and without brushing my teeth. I said a quick prayer that no one would talk or look at me. I came back for the kids and decided that they were already going to be late that they might as well be pretty and late. I worked on Maggie's hair, packed a few lunches, brushed my teeth and even put on a bra. We made it to school by 8:15 looking spiffy. Not too shabby!!! Of course Ryan had to stay inside for recess to finish his homework.

Ryan had a game tonight at 6:30. Shannon needed a ride home from cheerleading practice at 5:00 and I had to cook the steaks that have been in in the fridge since Sunday. I asked grandma if she wanted to pick up Shannon or cook dinner. She chose to sit in a car for an hour and twenty minutes verses cooking for my crew. When dinner was ready my darling son was nowhere to be found. We had to leave for his game in 20 minutes and his uniform was sitting on the kitchen table and he was nowhere in sight. I called grandma and asked her to swing by Ryan's buddies house on her way home to look for my lost boy. She found him, he had just enough time to scarf down some dinner and get dressed. We were running so late that I didn't even have enough time to yell at him. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

No comments: