My Blog List

Monday, February 2, 2009

Dave made it through the night even though he has the worst sinus infection known to man. I kept a phone by the bed, just in case he needed an ambulance. Later tonight if he is a good boy I will make him some chicken soup and read him a bed time story. I'm thinking maybe I will read him the story of "THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF." Lauren called me at work today all excited. She has been looking for a summer internship in the fashion industry. She got an email from Coach in New York, they want her to go there for an interview. They picked 80 applicants to be interviewed out of the several hundred that applied. They have 40 spots available. When I talked to Dave later I asked him if he had talked to her yet. He said "yeah, I'm just worried she won't be able to afford the rent in New York." I said, "Oh it will work out, she has talked about enrolling in some summer classes and staying in a dorm or maybe she could stay at a youth hostile, after all it is only three months." Dave said, "Have you met Lauren??" "I'm sure she is picturing a Manhattan apartment with a spectacular view, can you picture her in a youth hostile sleeping next to people who sleep in their own urine?" This could be an adventure for her for sure.

I took Ryan to the eye doctor tonight. Why can't my kids have good vision and straight teeth. So far Erin is the only one who hasn't needed glasses or braces. I guess God decided since he gave her so many lovely endearing personalities that he would help her see and give her a beautiful smile. I will remember to thank him for that in my prayers tonight, or maybe I will beg him to give her one pleasant personality and a snaggle tooth instead. I was afraid Ryan would have trouble putting contacts in but he did great. They had him put them in and take them out three times. When we got home he took one out and put it back in to show Maggie. Of course this along with everything else in the Murphy house became a competition between, Ryan, Kelsey and Shannon (mainly Kelsey) as to who learned how to put contacts in and take them out the fastest. Oh I sure wish our big screen tv wasn't broken so they could be couch potatoes instead of picking fights with each other. We have other TV's but they prefer to hang out in the kitchen and terrorize me.


Lauren leaves for New York on Wednesday. Mike surprised her with a new digital camera for her trip. She told him she loved him for thinking of her but didn't want him spending so much money. She said "I'll just use your camera and we can take this one back to save money." I said "Oh Lauren, you should have kept the camera.." When Dave and I were young he got me a beautiful pair of pear shaped diamond earrings to match my wedding ring. They were absolutely beautiful. I made him return them because I didn't want him to spend so much money. Saturday I had to borrow a pair of fake diamond earrings from my seven year old to wear to a black tie event. The earrings came on a piece of cardboard with 11 other pair of high quality earrings for $6.00. My ears are still itchy from wearing them. I sure wish I had those beautiful pear shaped earrings from 15 years ago. Lauren will think of this story someday when all she can afford is a Walgreen's disposable camera. Mom always knows best!! She has to be at the airport on Wednesday at 4:00 AM. I told Dave that sounds like a dad job to me. He reminded me that he is going out of town on business tomorrow so it looks like it is a mom job. I thought about it for a while and decided after 22 hours of labor with her, I deserve to sleep in. That sounds like a boyfriend's job. Sorry Mike, I like my sleep, she's all yours.

No comments: