My Blog List

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ryan decide that he was going to try and beat the pogo stick world record this weekend. Apparently the world record is 24 hours. He gave it great Murphy effort and made it 53 minutes. He tried to take a drink of water while jumping and fell after a valiant effort. When he came inside he was dripping with sweat and the inside of his knobby little knees were rubbed raw. I told him to go take a bath to clean his pogo stick injury. He decided he was going to search the Internet to find a different world record to beat that doesn't involve a Pogo Stick. Dave and I had two parties to go to on Saturday, three of his grade school friends were having a 40th birthday party and one of our good friends also had a 50th birthday party. I went to the 50th party and he went to the 40th. He told me he would meet up with me later if he left the party early. I didn't expect to see him, I figured we would meet up later at home. He had tried to call me several times to find out where the party was. I had left my phone in the car. He said he drove around to three different bars in Florissant looking for a white jeep with a smashed in front end. Third times a charm. He got there around midnight, my heart pitter pattered when he walked in. It is nice that after twenty years together, he's still got it. I sure hope he doesn't read my blog today.

Ryan came in our room this morning whining about the pain in his legs. His little attempt at stardom ruined him for life. He couldn't even walk without shuffling his feet. He practically crawled across the floor and climbed in bed with us. He said "I can't go to church, I can't move." I assured him, he would be fine. We usually go in through the church basement and take the stairs up to the church. The parking lot is at the bottom of a pretty steep hill. Ryan asked if he could take the elevator, I said "knock yourself out." A few minutes later he got in our pew giggling. He had Kelsey and Maggie with him. They tried to take the elevator but couldn't figure out what floor they were on. The elevator door opened and closed several times but the elevator never moved. I explained that if they hit floor number 1 and nothing happened, number two may have been a good choice. It seemed a little to complicated so they took the stairs instead. Today was anointing of the sick, instead of Dave crawling up the alter like I pictured last week, his pogo stick boy wonder wanted to crawl up there instead.

Lauren gets home from New York tonight, she had a really good time and made lots of good memories. She even had her two seconds of fame outside the window of the Today show. Sam is going on a fun trip for spring break. Me I'll just stick around here and watch my son try to break world records. What more could a girl ask for.

No comments: