My Blog List

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lauren came home on Monday to get her haircut. It still aggravates me that she has the same haircut as me. She looks just like me, minus the wrinkles, the fat, and the stray hairs growing out of her neck. Does she really have to steal my haircut??? She mentioned to Shannon that she was slouching in her chair at school and she caught a glimpse of her butt at that angle. She said, "Oh my God, my butt looked so flat, it looked just like moms. I went right home and did some squats." Shannon said "I would die if I had mom's butt." I said "Umm excuse me, I'm right here listening." I don't think they cared. I hope they both get my flat butt and the stray neck hairs someday.

I had Lauren take me to go watch Shannon cheer for districts in basketball. Sam had an intramural basketball game at 9:30 and I was meeting Dave there. I didn't want to have two cars. He was coming from Chesterfield with Kelsey. I had Lauren drop us off at Sam's college after Shannon was done cheering. It was quite the difference between the high school basketball and Sam's team. The name of Sam's team is the Sam-O show. She is so unique on the court that she had a whole team name after her. I'm thinking it's not because of her skills. The t-shirts even have a screen print picture of Sam on the front. When she was in grade school we used to play at a gym that had it's concession stand behind the basket, up a small flight of stairs on the stage. The problem was that my darling daughter has many qualities and a soft touch isn't one of them. She used to over shoot the basket and all the spectators sitting on stage would have their nachos and soda's flying. Watching the Sam-O show brought back memories of the flying nachos. She was upset that they lost, she never was a very good loser. We had to run by WalMart on our way home. Shannon needed blue poster board for school. My "flat" butt finally got home at 11:00. I am much too old to be be out past 9:00 but the Sam-O show was worth it.

Erin gave up going to Quick Trip for anything other than gas purchases for lent. Shannon is a little upset about this considering she usually gets a free QT donut every morning from her big sister. Shannon hasn't decided what she is going to give up yet. She said she was thinking about just trying to be nice but she thinks that might be too hard.

No comments: