My Blog List

Sunday, February 1, 2009

You know you have been married a long time when you get a night away from the kids in a nice hotel, and you are a bit disappointed when you open the door to your hotel room and only see one bed. I think we were both looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday morning with no soccer or basketball. Having a bed all to myself would have been awesome!!. The dinner we had on Friday was nice but I was ready to turn into a pumpkin by 11:00. Dave and I were both starting to get sick. We started sneezing in the car the whole way to Jeff City. Dave is always hot and I am always cold. I knew he would turn the air conditioner on as soon as I fell asleep. I woke up around 3:30 burning up. The air in our hotel was broken, it had two temperatures, warm and sweltering. Dave was awake, he had just got back from buying sudafed. He opened a window and we were finally able to get some sleep. The maid service came in our room around 9:00 and woke us up. I guess they wanted us to feel at home. We finally gave up trying to get some extra sleep. We got home around 1:30 on Saturday, I started working on our taxes. Ughhhhh. Dave never did get his W2, but I decided to do as much as I could without his.I finally started to get ready around 5:00 for our other function that we had. By this time, Dave and I were both feeling awful. Of course Dave was much worse than me, in fact I think no one in the history of the world has ever been as sick as my dear husband. We were running late as usual and it was a miracle that we made it there without me punching my whiny husband in the eye. He slept the whole time I worked on our taxes. Does he expect me to wave a magic wand and look perfect?? I could get ready as quick as him If my hairline receded as far as his has. We finally got to the dinner and had a good time and headed for home at around 11:00, that seems to be my breaking point. We had to stop at the grocery store on the way home so Dave could buy stronger sinus medicine. Sudafed just wasn't doing the trick. Finally we both got a good night sleep, I'm not sure if it was the new sinus medicine or pure exhaustion but whatever it was it worked and we both slept like babies. We slept late and went to noon mass. The priest mentioned that next week was anointing of the sick. I couldn't help but picture my husband crawling up the alter on his hands and knees next week in his bath robe for anointing of the sick. I made him some chicken soup and grilled cheese when we got home. I sure hope he pulls through this terrible illness. We went to a Superbowl party tonight. We were both a barrel of fun. NOT!!!!! The kids had a good time and it was nice to see so many of our friends but I couldn't wait to get home to my own bed. I sure wish I had someone to make me chicken soup and grilled cheese.

No comments: