My Blog List

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My husband completed a 340 mile race in a kayak down the Missouri river from Kansas City to St. Charles. He started on Tuesday morning the 11th and finished on Thursday the 13th. There was a storm that came through on Wednesday so he had to wait it out and it pushed him behind schedule. he was hoping to finish during daylight hours on Thursday. He finished at 3:30 Am Friday morning.

I woke up the kids and brought them down to the riverfront so they could see him finish. It is a pretty impressive accomplishment. There is no way you would catch me out on that river in a kayak...much less in the black of night with a little battery operated light.


With that said...ok he is is impressive yada, yada, yada. What I can't for the life of me understand is how he can complete a near impossible kayak race and he still can't master ordering his own food???

We went to White Castle Saturday night after our last soccer game. It was just Dave and I, Ryan and Maggie. Of course we went inside...the drive thru stresses Dave out. I had to use the restroom really bad after sitting in the cold at a soccer game.

I ordered our food and the lady was still figuring it out on the register when I said to Dave, "I am going to run to the bathroom before I pee in my pants, order drinks for Ryan and Maggie." He looked at me with sheer panic in his eyes and said, "Please don't leave, I can't do that." I said, "Are you flipping kidding me? You can kayak down a river but ordering two drinks is too difficult?" I left him standing at the counter with a deer in headlights look and went to the bathroom. He did just fine, just like I predicted.


Baby steps....baby steps. I will fix him someday if it's the last thing I do.



Kelsey called me today after school to let me know how mean Shannon is....(I think I already know) Anyway, Kelsey has cross country practice after school and she forgot to bring a sweatshirt. It is really cold out today. She asked Shannon if she could borrow her sweatshirt? Of course Shannon told her no, she has a volleyball game to cheer at tonight. It sometimes gets chilly in the foyer with people coming in and out. She didn't want to get cold. Never mind her little sister running seven or eight miles with the wind in her face.

They make me so proud!!!!

No comments: