My Blog List

Monday, October 3, 2011

September came and went pretty quickly. Soccer season is always the busiest time for us. Throw in a little bout of diverticulitis along with a few homecomings along with a few soccer road trips and I am ready for a vacation. Oh wait...I had that in July. I actually get more rest when I go to work anyway.

Kelsey and Shannon still do not get along. Lauren gave Kelsey her old laptop and it is password protected. I know the password so I can use it, but she won't share it with her siblings especially Shannon.

They have figured it out a few times so she has had to change it. Her new password is ihateshannon. For those of you who aren't so quick, that is "I hate Shannon." I really enjoy the luxury of not having to go downstairs to use our home computer but....I feel like the worst mother in the world every time I type ihateshannon. What kind of mother does that?? The sad part is sometimes I am not too happy with Shannon when I type in the password. I'm thinking of talking to Kelsey to see if we can modify the password a bit. Shannonisoftentimescrabby, "Shannon is often times crabby" that would make me feel so much better as a parent.

Speaking of bad parenting, I kind of hit my breaking point last Thursday night. I have been burning the candle at both ends lately trying to catch up with work and fit in everything else in my schedule. I have been getting to work early every day to try and make up for all the follow up doctor visits that I have had since my illness. When I get home, I normally have about 7 minutes before I jump back in the car to drive the kids to whatever practice or game they have that evening. Thursday I had a little time to run 30 minutes on the treadmill before I had to pick Maggie up from soccer and then sit outside and freeze at her softball game. Dave took Ryan to practice then dropped him at home and went back to his office to catch up on some work. I was almost home around 9:30 when Kelsey called to let me know that I had to meet her at a gas station close to our house. She had a ride home from the "volunteer" activity that would take her to a gas station a few miles from our house. I already had my bathwater ran in my mind before the phone rang. I was so close to my evening ending.....


That is about the time that I lost it and poor little Maggie got the brunt of it. I went into my rant on how no one bothers to let the dog out and he just pees all over the house. The house was a wreck and I was exhausted. Everyone claims that the dog will not go outside for them. The dog is weird, I will give them that, but if they can't outsmart a puppy mill dog....we have bigger problems.

The dog is a little quirky like my husband. He can only go outside via the path between the recliner and the couch. God forbid we ever rearrange the furniture. If he is in the kitchen and you open the door...forget about it...you need to start in the living room. I have told them a million times, if he won't go out, put him on a leash. (the dog that is...not Dave)


Anyway...In the short car ride home to drop Maggie off, I let her know how I was fed up with their mess and the dog was going to the pound....or did I say I was going to "stab" the dog?? Tomato . Tomoto....

I also let Kelsey know by phone while I was waiting for her that she needed to pick some favorite activities because, come next week half of them would be going away. I think she was a little frightened to get in the car!!

When I got home the house was sparkling...little Maggie worked her little butt of during Operation Saving Seamus...I think she may have hid all the knives. Very rarely do I yell at Maggie, she has always been my easiest kid....boy was I missing the boat. I should probably write a parenting book!!!!!

No comments: