My Blog List

Tuesday, October 25, 2011



We survived another half marathon. I wasn't sure that I would actually run because I hadn't had much time to train. I had started training early this summer but had to take over a month off in September when I had problems with my intestine. The weather was nice so I decided to go for it. My time was less than stellar but I completed the race and ran the majority of it...at a slow pace but I was at least able to run. The picture above is of the family. Maggie was in Memphis for a soccer tournament and Erin was in Alabama borrowing other peoples parents for parent weekend at her college but they were with us in spirit.






Lauren completed her first full Marathon, she looked pretty strong at the finish. When I completed the half I threw up in a trashcan...not one of my better moments. Grandma brought Kelsey and Ryan to watch Lauren finish her race.


When we got home I had 5lbs of dog poop to pick up. When Kelsey and Ryan got home I asked if they even bothered to let the dog out this morning before they left. (Dave and I stayed at a hotel close to the start of the race) They both said, "No we weren't home." Oh, so you woke up in the front lawn?? They said, "No , but grandma rushed us when we woke up.


We got home that day at 4:00 after stopping for something to eat. Grandma never lets the dog out, she has the "It's not my dog attitude." She claims that he won't go outside for her. I'm thinking little effort by all three of them was given to let the dog out...like NONE. I told Kelsey and Ryan that their punishment on Monday was that they are not allowed to use the restroom until 4:00 pm so they can see how the dog felt. (I think they really fear me)



I got an email on our school website from Ryan's religion teacher. It said "Andrew did not use his time wisely in Religion class, he spent his time talking and got nothing done on his project." I responded back, "That's great but who in the hell is Andrew?"


I called Ryan and asked if he got in trouble last week in Religion class, he fessed up. I guess Andrew's mother got the email that Ryan did not use his time wisely. Parent teacher conferences are Friday, I can't wait.



Erin called me upset yesterday because she is having a hard time in school. She is used to getting all A's. Her nursing classes are really tough. She is trying to juggle, sorority life, college soccer and some pretty tough classes. I tried talking her down from the ledge. She kept crying and saying "I don't think I can do this? It is just too hard." The whole time I was talking to her my other line was beeping and my office phone kept ringing. She has a C in anatomy, I told her that she was not flunking and she would be fine. She had just taken a test in Nutrition and felt as if she flunked it and she was completely distraught. I felt really bad for her but needed to end the call because I could tell from the caller ID that it was Shannon who had been calling me frantically. I was ready to put another fire out.


I called her back and Shannon said, "Mom, do you think I should get a spray tan before Halloween?" Seriously....that is why you called 12 times to get my opinion on whether or not your skanky Little Mermaid costume would look better if you had a spray tan?" If you want my opinion, go as a ghost, no need for a spray tan and cover up all your exposed skin with a white sheet!!!


A few hours later Dave called me and said, Erin is trying to get a hold of you. She told me she had a melt down earlier and just got her Nutrition test score back. She thought she flunked it but was actually 1 point away from a B.


WHATEVER!!!

No comments: