My Blog List

Saturday, October 29, 2011

I was having my own little pity party today. Not sure why but aggravated with myself for not still being a size 4. The Steak n Shake I had for lunch didn't help. We had a party to go to tonight but I didn't feel like going. Instead I went to the mall. Note to self, when you feel fat.......Don't under any circumstances go try on clothes. I bought a few new tops and a couple new pairs of pants. I am back in a size 8. I'm hanging on to single digits by a thread. I thought about coming home and running on the treadmill......then I thought about having some ice cream.......then I thought"why would I try and sabotage myself?" it would be so much more sensible to drink a box of wine!!!

As I was leaving the mall, I passed a mom in the parking lot telling her young son, "I had to tell you at least 10 times not to touch anything." I smiled to myself and thought back to the days when I would shop with my little ones. Then I thought, "Great, now I am not only fat but that just reminded me that I am old too."


Kelsey had sectionals for Cross Country today. The top 30 runners move on to state. In addition the top 4 teams also qualify. Kelsey ran her little heart out, she came in 37th and her team came in 5th. She was pretty disappointed. She had a great run and finished with a really good time . Now that Cross Country is over she can focus on the 47 other activities that she has going on.


Shannon even came out to cheer Kelsey on.......or she came so she could get a free lunch, I'm not sure which reason she came. Or it could be because I wouldn't let her stay over at her friends house last night until she promised to show up bright and early at the Cross Country meet.





No comments: